What would you rather have?

Paint.net Or Photoshop?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Paint.net Or Photoshop?

• Paint.net
    • Photoshop

You're post is going to get deleted by a moderator because the rules say "no warez talk".

Oh, and to make the definate answer Photoshop, the idea of this thread is to ask "which would you rather have?". The obvious answer is PS because it's just like asking "would you rather buy Paint.NET for $500 or Photoshop for $500?"

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Defenatly.

Cannot people spell? I've heard of a thing called a human error, but this is way more than a tiny error. About every other post in the PdN forum has a word spelled wrongly. I mean, honestly, you would think that people that knew how to operate a somewhat complex paint program could at least spell words correctly.

I also take into consideration that in the modern world today, there are many abbreviations and what not.

Hi. This is my signature. :)

Defenatly.

Cannot people spell? I've heard of a thing called a human error, but this is way more than a tiny error. About every other post in the PdN forum has a word spelled wrongly. I mean, honestly, you would think that people that knew how to operate a somewhat complex paint program could at least spell words correctly.

I also take into consideration that in the modern world today, there are many abbreviations and what not.

If you're going to attack people for their spelling, you should at least take care not to make your own mistakes which are just as bad, if not worse.

"Cannot people spell?" makes no sense. "Can people not spell?" is correct.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

... cs3 smart filters are awesome.

I tried them and was completely underwhelmed. Once you convert a layer to a "smart object," you can't edit it again without flattening it back to a bitmap layer! You can only pile on smart filters. And if you're changing the properties of a smart filter that's sandwiched in between other smart filters, then the ones "above" it are hidden while you're editing.

From a technical standpoint I see why it's done this way (performance, file format), but it still sucks.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I own both PdN-3.8 (obviously) and APS-CS2. I honestly never use Photoshop except for school work...for my everyday applications, you can't beat the UI of PdN.

Someone asked - if they were both $500, which would I buy? The answer is Photoshop. It's more value for the money. That much would seem to be obvious. But if they were both free...well, I'd own both. Ha.

I like PdN better, though...it's like a 1/4 lb hamburger, while PS is like a 6 oz filet mignon. While PS might taste better, might be higher class...some days, you just want a hamburger. 'Cause you hungry. And it cheap. You can have two!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I own both PdN-3.8 (obviously) and APS-CS2. I honestly never use Photoshop except for school work...for my everyday applications, you can't beat the UI of PdN.

Someone asked - if they were both $500, which would I buy? The answer is Photoshop. It's more value for the money. That much would seem to be obvious. But if they were both free...well, I'd own both. Ha.

I like PdN better, though...it's like a 1/4 lb hamburger, while PS is like a 6 oz filet mignon. While PS might taste better, might be higher class...some days, you just want a hamburger. 'Cause you hungry. And it cheap. You can have two!

That is 2 funny! :lol:

banner-2.gif

Thats all true, I haven't actually messed around with it too much. And I still use PDN a lot. With the plugins we have had recently, pdn is awesome. Now if you can just finish those text layers ... :D

Also maybe offtopic but when I copy from pdn to photoshop, the transparency is lost. Vice versa is same issue :|

... cs3 smart filters are awesome.

I tried them and was completely underwhelmed. Once you convert a layer to a "smart object," you can't edit it again without flattening it back to a bitmap layer! You can only pile on smart filters. And if you're changing the properties of a smart filter that's sandwiched in between other smart filters, then the ones "above" it are hidden while you're editing.

From a technical standpoint I see why it's done this way (performance, file format), but it still sucks.

mocsig.png

^^Quote of the day :P^^

sigeb7.png

Thanks, everybody...I'm honored.

I had fun with this...

hamburgerorfilet.png

Decisions, decisions...

I didn't spend too long on that...funny, it seems like I post that a lot. But seriously...maybe five or ten minutes...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

well that 2d paste job of fries doesn't help the burger.

The 2d paste of fries represents plugins - they are delicious, but often, they just don't look like part of the original. (does that sound believable?)

btw photoshop isn't a feather logo.

Begging your pardon, but I have Photoshop CS2. And yes, that is the logo. A screen cap directly from the icon. Or you can look here.

And no, I know it's not the CS3 logo. But the CS3 logo is pretty bland. I like the feather better.

So why is the burger bigger than the steak?

Because I was too lazy to shrink the burger down.

I mean...um...it represents...the...rabid enthusiasm...um...of...PdNiacs.

Dude my parents have the plate set on the left! You've been to my house...? :shock:

Apparently whoever took the picture has...I like that plate.

pdn because its so easy to use but if i can transpose the same effect of something on pdn to ps ill do it. and as for photoshop, i cant deny that i havent spent many an hour crying in the corner because it was to hard to use.

for my spelling mistakes? i never capitalize nor punctuate apostrophes

sig-1.jpg

The coolest Indian on Paint.NET

• 2 weeks later...
I have used Photoshop CS3. I always find the tasks that are common to both to be easier in PdN. I realize, however, that if I were to peruse gfx design professionally I would need something that is on the level of Photoshop...

hey! i can make something professional with pdn:

mecs1.jpg

1014png.png

..:The Official Sass Giver:..

..:Xbox Live Gamertag: Dutch Man Dann:..

I vote PDN because I have tried photoshop but the only good thing about photoshop is the brushes which tend to end up being played out at the end. in Paint.NET you can make your own style with out having to go through all these weird useless steps I always choose PDN and I plan to stay with PDN to see its changes and updates. although... I would love to have flash :D

Rec. :)

newsigtu0.png

• 3 weeks later...