help.. please with background and layers ... :?

russellbrandfan

hi ... im new with this forum and dont even know if the message is in the right place..

anyway... i have a picture of myself and i want the background to be like a fading black so its just me in the pic ....( if anyone gets me ..!?!)

Ive read some other posts and i think i need to use layers... ive read the tutorial on layers but dont understand it one bit .... im just really confussed at the moment... :?

If anyone could help it will be really appreciated.. :D

Many Thanks

hi ... im new with this forum and dont even know if the message is in the right place..

anyway... i have a picture of myself and i want the background to be like a fading black so its just me in the pic ....( if anyone gets me ..!?!)

Ive read some other posts and i think i need to use layers... ive read the tutorial on layers but dont understand it one bit .... im just really confussed at the moment... :?

If anyone could help it will be really appreciated.. :D

Many Thanks

A new layer is transparent untell you put something on it or do some kind of work on it. What you can do is this...

Upload your pic to PDN...

add a new layer...

chose new primary and secondary colors, black and transparent...

now click on your "Gradient" tool (the bluish black box)...

now make sure that your tool setting is on "radial"...

now click on the part of the picture that you want to be seen clicking on the right mouse button and drag it toards the outer edges.

This should give you the effect that you want... after you have the desired effect... open your "image" window, go to the botton and press "flatten".

Abracabera... your finished.

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

A new layer is transparent untell you put something on it or do some kind of work on it. What you can do is this...

Upload your pic to PDN...

add a new layer...

chose new primary and secondary colors, black and transparent...

now click on your "Gradient" tool (the bluish black box)...

now make sure that your tool setting is on "radial"...

now click on the part of the picture that you want to be seen clicking on the right mouse button and drag it toards the outer edges.

This should give you the effect that you want... after you have the desired effect... open your "image" window, go to the botton and press "flatten".

Abracabera... your finished.

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN