Saving as .png issuse

As Myrddin said, some programs do not support transparency. Also, with being transparent, they take on the background color. Thus why if you have a blue background, the transparent will be blue.Just covering all the bases.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Haha...I found the way to make all of em Transparent back ground white when using viewers.

In PDN, even if the black ground showing it's Transparent, when saving as png, sometimes show white back ground and sometimes show black.

To get all of em white, just use magic wand to select all the Transparent areas and hit Delete.

Save file again.....Now all the black "Transparent" area turns to white in image viewer.

Strange....but it works. 8)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I found the problem, After using the last trick to get white Transparent black ground in png, I found out if I use Feather on the oject.. the back ground in PDN looks to be Transparent but when save as png...again the back ground trues black in viewer.

Matter of fact...changing many settings in pdn will make the Transparent back ground trun to black in viewers....

I think some how pdn is saving some info that should not be saved?? :?

So selecting the area and hit delete would get rid of that "extra" info

and works.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Well, it's bugs and troubleshooting. Just because there's a problem doesn't mean it's a bug :)

Anyway, for what you're seeing ... it depends on the viewer you're using. Some older ones don't quite "get" the alpha channel. Paint.NET does save the alpha channel correctly for PNG images.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I have seen both black and white at the same time for transparent images. Take today for example,

I was making some images for a mod I am doing for a video game. I made the background of the image transparent and then saved it as a .png. The background showed as black in the viewer I was using. I then re-open the image and change the canvas size from 88 x 90 to 128 x 128 as the game can only support images of that size for the part I was modding. I then deleted the white areas making them transparent on the sides and save it as a .dds file as that what the game needs. When I view the file in a viewer the sides were white and the rest of the background was black. Yet when re-open in Paint.NET the background is all transparent.

If you need better understanding of the problem I am having with my transparent images I can show you the Paint.NET view and then the viewer view tomorrow affter my 7 hours of Hardware + Troubleshooting and UNIX.