Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

uH:

I think your style is just too confined to the traditional layout.

I know it differs from PDN's latout entirely, but look at Stephan's style, it's out there yet functional.

Eh, that's me, you did an outstanding job, I just don't like that design.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

@Stephan:

Well there are two channel plugns and I'm automatically assuming that paths will be available in Paint.NET 4.0...... :P

I guess I'll change that. I actually had to change other buttons as well. For example, I had to change "Filter" to "Effects" and "Information" to "Help" and change a few others in the process.

@Yata:

Yeah, if I really had it my way, it would be looking more like this:

ffsetupfinal.png

But as another bit of wishful thinking, there's also a full screen mode avalable :P

BTW, if it's the dark coloring that you don't like, then you probably wouldn't like this, this, or this.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Mine is dark. <_<

uH: Astounding. Just be sure to post in your submission that you did not make the icons, and tell what they are from.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Mines even darker than that! Well, it also has more contrast, and the background is lighter. I guess it evens out.

Remember: Submission time is open for only just under a week!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

You know, I really wanted to participate in this. After all, interface design is what I do for a living. :wink:

Busy, busy, busy. I'll see if I can get something together before the deadline.

If not, there's always the future, at some point in which we may be skinning the Paint.NET site. :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I thought of a really good MSC 2! Clock skinning! What I'm thinking is to create a clock in Paint.NET and make it a Widget with it. The only restriction there will be is that it would need to be within a certain resolution (just like a sig, eh?). It would be based on the Digital Clock that comes standard with Yahoo! Widgets. What you would do is edit the background, numbers, and a few other things, then post a screenshot of it and a link to the finished widget. Because I already have the widget developer kit, I can provide you a zip file of the widget, then once edited, upload the zip and I'll convert it for you (although you can already run the widget by double-clicking the "KON" file). As and added little bonus, you can submit your widget to the Konfabulator gallery and get thousands of downloads!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Winamp would be a cool thing to skin. Theres a lot more options than just editing a few things like in your widget idea. Youve got some basic and cool ones like this, or some stuff like this, or like this. Everything can be customized, the buttons, size, shape, background, everything. Theres a ton more things that can be done with this, and it would be cool to see how some of the people here can pull one off.

I'm still alive!

The only thing is that I'll get so hyped about skinning it that I'll finish it in the first day in 2 hours then keep tweaking it for a total of 7 hours. With a clock, I already did most of the dirty work (editing the source to make it easy to customize). But I guess I'll be the only one that'll want to do a clock instead of winamp.