Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

Go for it! Who knows what may happen! The competition is for fun, and it adds skill and experience. :D

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Go for it! Who knows what may happen! The competition is for fun, and it adds skill and experience. :D

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

This is no where near done.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293 ... erface.png

The red E is going to be the effects organizer, the H is history, color palette is... color palette, layer is... layer.

The space below the three window buttons will be for tools.

I sort of took Stephan's idea and am making my own. I've always liked this kind of interface for anything.

I plan to add drop shadows and such at the end, it seems dull right now. It's a LOT of work.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

This is no where near done.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293 ... erface.png

The red E is going to be the effects organizer, the H is history, color palette is... color palette, layer is... layer.

The space below the three window buttons will be for tools.

I sort of took Stephan's idea and am making my own. I've always liked this kind of interface for anything.

I plan to add drop shadows and such at the end, it seems dull right now. It's a LOT of work.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Me: "It's alive! Look Igor, It's moving, IT'S ALIVE!!! MWUAHAHAHAHA! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !"

My Little Slave: "I see Master, but wait, his arms don't move..."

Me: "Ow *censored*! :evil: Well, I guess it needs some more work then... But first, let's scare the people with what we already have... Unleash him Igor..."

My Little Slave: "As you wish master..."

PDNNEWLAYOUT.png

Yes, indeed. This is the (except for some small tweaks) finished C-Layout. (C=Clean, NOT C=speed of light) Nice and flashy, huh? I added new menu's and stuff.

*some forum member pokes Stephan humbly*

Some forum member: "Euhm, Stephan, it looks... Cluthered..."

*Stephan takes out M-18, and shoots the forum member.*

Me: "Well, your intestines are cluttered too, what you gonna do about it? Well, anyway..."

To prevent clutteriness, (is that a word?) I have "built in" a special function. Just press the resize button next to the shut button, and your PDN will conveniantly turn into this:

AlternativeBARPNG.png

This very stolen, not original, but still compact design is there to prevent any cluttering. And ofcourse, it looks cool.

I still have the PDN file, so i can rearrange the windows into any form. Now this template is only available for $999.99*. Buy it today, and get a FREE penny!

big-buy-button-w-credit-car.gif

*Credit card costs and taxes not included.

Well I think I'm done after over 6 hours and 12mb of space (5 PDN files). Any final suggestions?

Click the screenshot to view another version that points out important items:

msc1finalwithouttext.png

Some info:

The layers window is made to have a lack of buttons. You can right-click to view the usual commands and the layers are actually drag-n-drop (wishful thinking).

I'm extreemly satisfied with my work on the cursor. It took 15 minutes to make from scratch and has a good deal of alpha values to make it translucent.

One of my favorite parts of this project is the dock. Just like the cursor, it was made from scratch and is translucent. I find this to be something that can actually be implemented into Paint.NET and not cause too many problems.

The color window idea has been in my head for months and this was the perfect time to display it. As is many things I do, it's sleek, translucent, and most importantly, minimalist.

Here are my most worked on elements of this project:

windows.png

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb