Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

Thanks but you should do yours and vote on that!

I'm voting for moc426. It's the only one that Rick might actually consider.

the grey empty space is just the background color, look at getpaint.net the white empty background ... I just don't like white backgrounds :D.

I like the cocnept, although i don't know what to say about the empty grey space...

I guess I'm pretty much done:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/ ... nsite2.png

You may or may not have noticed the lack of a few items. I did that because it makes page loading faster, you will not need to scroll, and it looks a lot cooler. Also, I redid the usual Paint.NET description because it didn't match the website itself. BTW, I did get approval from Helio to borrow his Blue Aura screenshot.

Comment please!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I'm really liking it, the top photo is quite classy.

One suggestion: did you try the 'Sharp' text mode? It's usually the best for making the body text smooth and clear. Of course, not all fonts look good on this setting. ;)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Missed word uH, bottom line: 'You Still more information?', shouldn't that be 'You still need [or want] more information?'.

Nice to see your MSC version of PDN making an appearance, it shows a theme running through the site and the program. But then, wouldn't that lure visitors into a false sense of UI? They might like the dark theme but find out it only comes with a light skin and no ability to customize. Just a thought though.

Looking good so far. Mine on the other hand is looking...well...not as I planned. I'm constantly thinking 'oh God, how am I going to code that, and that won't match up because I can only do it this way', I may just do a screenshot after all, much easier.

Sharp doesn't look very good with Segoe UI. Here's another version:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/ ... egreen.png

@Myrddin: :oops: I'll need to fix that. Well it won't be a false sense of UI because I'm making believe that Blue Aura is Paint.NET 4.0 :D

Also, I may make an actual web page out of it like you where attempting. I think it's better to make the screenshot, then the page.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

@Bob: I think it's better than having 30 links scattered around the page, such as getpaint.net. Though I think I could make them tighter together.

@moc: I thought the green was a little weird myself.

@spike: Depper Blue:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/ ... tedeep.png

I don't know...

Ok so understanding how works the PdN website sorta-mockup I made months ago will be more difficult than I expected.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio