Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

Yeah, Helio asked me to take over for this one, since he'll be gone 'til the middle of this month.

Technically, the voting for the theme for this competition will run until the 3rd. I started it a little late due to a few personal scheduling conflicts of my own. If we're all in agreement (or the majority of us, anyway :wink: ) on skinning getpaint.net, though, I'll open the comp submission thread tomorrow.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

When will the competition end?

Yeah, Helio asked me to take over for this one, since he'll be gone 'til the middle of this month.

Technically, the voting for the theme for this competition will run until the 3rd. I started it a little late due to a few personal scheduling conflicts of my own. If we're all in agreement (or the majority of us, anyway :wink: ) on skinning getpaint.net, though, I'll open the comp submission thread tomorrow.

Well, if it started on the 1st, it would end on the 23rd, allowing a little over three weeks for creating and one week for voting on the winner and the next theme.

~ Becoming the Archetype

That is plenty of time, I will probably be done tomorrow, I am kinda there already.

Well, if it started on the 1st, it would end on the 23rd, allowing a little over three weeks for creating and one week for voting on the winner and the next theme.

Tell me what you think

I think you should use the method described in my Alpha Masking tutorial to cut out those buttons. :P

Oh, and placeholders = no.

If the entries span more than the first page (more than 13 entries), I will place all the submissions in the voting alert message so people can compare all at once. There's no need for trying to reserve a spot on the front page.

Hopefully, voters will take the time to judge all entries instead of picking the first pretty one they see. :wink:

I apologize for the inconvenience of the scheduling, by the way. It was not intentional.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Tell me what you think

I think you should use the method described in my Alpha Masking tutorial to cut out those buttons. :P

Oh, and placeholders = no.

If the entries span more than the first page (more than 13 entries), I will place all the submissions in the voting alert message so people can compare all at once. There's no need for trying to reserve a spot on the front page.

Hopefully, voters will take the time to judge all entries instead of picking the first pretty one they see. :wink:

I apologize for the inconvenience of the scheduling, by the way. It was not intentional.

I honestly would use alpha masking if I understood it

Lol i now it was not intentional how would u know nyway

Im just going to sumbit it now... :(

omExTE6.png

I like when you put them all together in one post to vote for. I am not sure if I will submit anything, I did work on one but I got lazy and stopped. So I may tweak it a little and submit it.

I will place all the submissions in the voting alert message so people can compare all at once.

That is very swanky aguba, love to see more if you're going to add to it.

@jerkfight: I agree with CMD, alpha mask is needed with the corners just to tidy them up a bit, other than that looking good so far.

If I was to ask which looks better, what would you say?

PDNlogotest1.png

or...

PDNlogotest2.png

I personally like the top one but the regular logo is more recognisable because of its font. Both work with my design and the font I'm using matches the top one which is why I fiddled with it, but I don't know; is changing the logo even permissible?

EDIT: only just noticed that you both have entered already so maybe waiting to see anything more added to them is a long shot now :P