Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

In your opinion, which would you use?

I LOVE using CSS. It makes it so much easier... honestly. I would recommend going to W3C and checking out their CSS tutorials.

Agreed. They have some great stuff there and their tutorials are easy to follow. I think you'll find CSS is/are very flexible and powerful.

Yes, CSS is indeed beautiful. The major benefit is repeatability. If you're using table cell heights to determine spacing, then you're going to have to replicate that height across each and every instance of that layout configuration.

If you give a Div a class of supabox, you can give it a specific margin and padding so it shows up how you want. Then, instead of copying the structure for a few rows of a table, you simply have to create another Div and give it too the class of supabox.

But, this is a graphics competition, so you don't even have to know HTML to participate. I fear all this markup talk may scare off potential participators...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Well, I only have one web interface on there, Mainstream Machete, which I'm designing for a friend of mine who's opening the site.

CMDSketchpad was based off a sig by Helio, with a second stylesheet added a few weeks ago based off one of pyrochild's sigs. The source content really dictated the outcome.

Oh, and as for Mainstream Machete, the logo was created in Inkscape and the interface in The GIMP. As much as some may refuse to admit it, having independently editable layer masks really helps...

I'm just crossing my finners, waitin' for PDN X.XX. :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I don't need anything like that. Because of the way my firefox layout is, all I need to do is put it in fullscreen mode (F11) and take the screenshot from there.

BTW, http://isnoop.net/tools/css.php

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Some pages are too tall to do it that way in which case stitching is still needed, whereas this does it in one fell swoop not matter how tall/wide the page is. Plus, it gets rid of the scroll bars which would need cropping out after the fact, again this does it for you.