Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

I didn't say WIDGETS were no real skinnable (Is that a word?) software, i was just referring to the clock widget. It would be nice, but more something for the Weekly Skinning competition, as i do not think this needs a whole month. Maybe something for the SOTW? With as theme: Clock.

Cursors would be nice aswell, but again, it's just a collection of cursors. That would be a month wasted. Things like WinAmp, a site, or anything else that has multiple features (an OS, anyone?) would be worth waiting for a month.

On the widgets: That could be one of the features included in an OS.

On top of that, I'm personally doing an OS theme (Just the skin nothing that actually "works"...) And i would like to have more ratings then just 1 or 2, and then being cut off by someone who made the 310464945th exploding planet with the default picture, and decided to post it in the pictorium ;)

In response to Stephan: You weren't part of the forum at the time, but there was a Paint.NET logo contest in Janurary. It lasted over a month and we ended up with more than 15 users joining in and over 30 logos to vote on. My point is that you can submit multiple skins (a maximum of about 5), have time to go back and fine tune, and have a decent competition (with more than 4 entries) by the end of the month.

Another reason to do widgets is because you can actually download and use them-- not just admire them. You would be able to upload them to the Konfabulator Gallery and DeviantArt.

@Firefly: The OS talk was about creating a screenshot from scratch, not a theme.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Voting is open for the second MSC theme. Six options from which to choose, which one will come out on top!? It's a no-holds-barred fight to the Donut Shoppe!

Voting is open for 6 days, so get your votes in!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I like the getpaint.net idea... that's my vote.

(Oh, and one of the moderators can un-sticky the first submission thread -- thanks)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I've just started getting to grips with tables, which will be the main body for my file. Yes, I do know that tables are becoming out dated, but compared to the coding of CSS, tables look easier. However, if anyone thinks otherwise and has a few pointers I won't refuse :D.

Remove this 'becoming', please :)

And if you prefer

></pre>
<table></table>

instead of

or 

, it's your choice and I respect it.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

I think it's still screenshot submissions only isn't it? I don't want to make it seem like we have to do it as an HTML document, I'm just doing a second version as HTML for fun, but then I'm not stopping you doing that neither.

Don't want people falling under disillusion because of my doings :)