Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

You took 6 hours to screenshot photoshop cs... ? :D ok ok so you made a few modifications.

Well I think I'm done after over 6 hours and 12mb of space (5 PDN files). Any final suggestions?

Click the screenshot to view another version that points out important items:

You took 6 hours to screenshot photoshop cs... ? :D ok ok so you made a few modifications.

I didn't take the screenshot, I used a combination of 3 screenshots. I also custom-made the color, layer (which I redid twice), and history windows and most of the toolbar. I also custom made the tabs and window dock. It also took me a while to get the colors as dark as it is without making it too dark or too light. I also had to custom fit the icons into the toolbar individually (each one took about 2 minutes after adjusting the colors). I also had to remove the background of the CS3 screenshots with the pdn version (light grey to dark grey gradient and black blurred image border). There are many other things to mention, but it would take too long to explain.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Competition ends tomorrow!

I'll be submitting today or sometime tomorrow morning, usedHONDA. ;)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Well, I'm sure people don't want anyone stealing their ideas. :wink:

I know I for one have everyone believing I've not made one so as to keep mine secret! :D

...Oh wait... I actually haven't made one. <_<

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Well, I'm sure people don't want anyone stealing their ideas. :wink:

I know I for one have everyone believing I've not made one so as to keep mine secret! :D

...Oh wait... I actually haven't made one. <_<

*blinks*

You had me really nervous for a second :shock:

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Get your submissions in! I close submitting time at noon: 5pm GMT.

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Oh... I can't do it. I will close submissions now at 1o'clock (6 GMT).

Maybe I'm letting you-know-who off the hook, but he did work so hard on it. Also, we only have two submission right now...

Oh, and could a moderator please move Aaron's kind words to this thread? ;)

Where is uH?

I shouldn't have posted my skin while it was under construction! Stephan used my sidebar idea and Helio took used my color window idea! Yet for some reason, I like having my ideas used against me-- it shows how good the ideas actually are.

I don't know what you mean when you say that I used your color window idea. The layout of my design was created to be the way it is by trial and error. If I didn't like the way something looked, I would change it in some way. I had the color wheel in the the color window, but eventually it became too much of a hassle and I decided to get rid of it entirely.

Ok?

And why aren't you submitting? I've kept the submission time open for 5 extra hours just so you could post!

...I don't know what you mean when you say that I used your color window idea. The layout of my design was created to be the way it is by trial and error....

Well in that case, these are one of those "great minds think alike" moments.

Here's a comparison of your color window to mine:

comparison.png

EDIT: Oh noes! I just realized that there are two arrows on my alpha setting slider! That's embarrassing <.< >.>

So is the Hue slider. ;)

But you are right. I just noticed how similar the primary/secondary indicators are.

I also had the HSVA sliders horizontal, but it didn't work out too well.

Trust me, if I had wanted to copy you, I could have done a much better job than I did. :P

ANYONE could have thought of a sidebar. Although i admit, it was nice that you reminded me. You guys' interface looks much more realistic. I'll try next time... for... what's next?