Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

Nice, Pic.

The 1st Monthly Skinning Competition is now open for submission!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Nice, Pic.

The 1st Monthly Skinning Competition is now open for submission!

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Alright! PDN is the first victim.. :twisted:

So, can this be a completely different skin? Like, if I wanted to make the toolbox a horizontal line of icons across the top instead of a floating window on the side, is that legal?

I have a few cool ideas, but they require the complete reorganization of the interface... :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

So, can this be a completely different skin? Like, if I wanted to make the toolbox a horizontal line of icons across the top instead of a floating window on the side, is that legal?

I have a few cool ideas, but they require the complete reorganization of the interface... :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I don't know, Dan.

Would it be wrong of me to submit this to the competition:

artrage001.jpg

Perhaps my question answers your question. :D

I don't know, Dan.

Would it be wrong of me to submit this to the competition:

artrage001.jpg

Perhaps my question answers your question. :D

As long as you made it (Hint hint Boltbait :D), you can do anything you want. Anything.

Good luck on your idea! ;)

---

Edit the first:

I probably will, knowing he has Photoshop.

You will, knowing he has PhotoShop? :lol: Well, have you seen the Scions (sp?) that he skinned? I don't know if he used PS, but those were cool!

---

Edit the second:

Hey Dan or Boltbait, maybe if you felt slightly inclined to keep the MSC at the top of the page always... that'd be GREAT! :D

As long as you made it (Hint hint Boltbait :D), you can do anything you want. Anything.

Good luck on your idea! ;)

---

Edit the first:

I probably will, knowing he has Photoshop.

You will, knowing he has PhotoShop? :lol: Well, have you seen the Scions (sp?) that he skinned? I don't know if he used PS, but those were cool!

---

Edit the second:

Hey Dan or Boltbait, maybe if you felt slightly inclined to keep the MSC at the top of the page always... that'd be GREAT! :D

Is this enough changing?

too big to post so I'm placing the link.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z285 ... Nskin4.png

I'm going to fix so that it's a lot cleaner and better looking if I have time.

Went for an Office 07 theme.

Edit: all the images on the large thumbnails at the top for the menu can be pressed. So if you click the save icon then you save it, gaus blur, etc.

Also if you mouseover the "scroll over here to see" you see other open images.

chalksig2-1.png

Is this enough changing?

too big to post so I'm placing the link.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z285 ... Nskin4.png

I'm going to fix so that it's a lot cleaner and better looking if I have time.

Went for an Office 07 theme.

Edit: all the images on the large thumbnails at the top for the menu can be pressed. So if you click the save icon then you save it, gaus blur, etc.

Also if you mouseover the "scroll over here to see" you see other open images.

chalksig2-1.png

At first I was just changing a few icons in a CS3 screenshot. Now I'm reorganizing the menus, changing some colors and tones, adding some pdn elements (like tabs), and creating new windows. My biggest project right now is the Color widow. It will be the only one outside the tool window "Dock" and will have a beautifully clean and translucent look.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

At first I was just changing a few icons in a CS3 screenshot. Now I'm reorganizing the menus, changing some colors and tones, adding some pdn elements (like tabs), and creating new windows. My biggest project right now is the Color widow. It will be the only one outside the tool window "Dock" and will have a beautifully clean and translucent look.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Here's my almost finished dock:

dockfinal.png

You may notice that there is a History window in the dock.

EDIT:

Oh, and I'm not done with the toolbar yet. It has too many buttons.

Here's my almost finished dock:

dockfinal.png

You may notice that there is a History window in the dock.

EDIT:

Oh, and I'm not done with the toolbar yet. It has too many buttons.

Did you make all those icons? If so, your rocking this competition. :) If not, when you submit, you'll need to post links to external imagery used.

I noticed that you're using the PDN logo that you made... nice one!