Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #4 ended

Oooo. I love the 'ABOUT PAINT.NET' button.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Can I use Photoshop to make it? :)

?!?!?!?!?1 :?

EDIT: New taster to my entry...

Touch this with your cursor

This won't win, probably isn't practical but it is shiny (the overall look, not this screenshot). This screenshot will be replacing the Camaro screenshot, but the Camaro will be in there somewhere.

Max +!

I like the logo the size you have it now. It's prominent, but not overbearing. Since you have not much else in the header, and because it has a good amount of padding around it, it looks uniform and balanced.

Very, very nice. :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I like it :D The clouds really come out good, did you make them with PDN? It does have the old classification, and i don't know if that's good or bad.. :? It ofcourse IS trusted, but less innovative...

@CMD

Thank you, sir!

@Stephan

No, the clouds were not made in PDN.

Less innovative than others... perhaps. I chose not to do a total overhaul for the sake of familiarity...

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Are you referring to this?

cloudlogooverlapin9.png

As mentioned above, the clouds were not made in PDN. Therefore, they are not on a dedicated layer. Furthermore, after cropping and masking the cloud image used, I applied a white-to-transparent gradient on a layer above it, changed it's blending, merged it w/the cloud image, and then I masked it once more.

In conclusion, using the Channel Blur (set to alpha) will have no effect.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

buzz, I like it a lot. The header is large but it looks really good.

Reason we complain about large header/logo, well reason I did anyway is because when I do websites, people want to get the most out of their space and they don't want the important stuff pushed that far down.

But the design is really nice, only complaint is I don't like the awards. They are kinda zigzaging, not aligned, and not separated, but really if they were smaller size and aligned they would be ok.

Great job on it.

The awards are aligned. They are aligned by way of the bottom of each award. Also, they are evenly spaced... +1 pixel for the last two...

EDIT: It seems the space on either side of the C|NET one isn't equal...

EDIT #2: Are you suggesting I align them by way of their center?

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

Yah that web user award one makes things awkward, center may work, but top may be better, you should experiment. Maybe make them smaller. Other than that, it looks great.

The awards are aligned. They are aligned by way of the bottom of each award. Also, they are evenly spaced... +1 pixel for the last two...

EDIT: It seems the space on either side of the C|NET one isn't equal...

EDIT #2: Are you suggesting I align them by way of their center?

I will likely not be here when the results are there. So please-please-please PM them to me, and use a sculpt of my feet to kiss whilst i'm gone (that is, if i win ;) )