Sign in to follow this  
moc426

Align Object Plugin - Updated 06/17/2007

Only the DLL. The source is just for programmers to look at so they can see how it works.
I removed it, the .dll and source, there still there in the effects folder.

haunted files. :shock:

The .dll only brings PDN open and says "This image type is not reconized, and can not be opened."

The .dll only brings PDN open and says "This image type is not reconized, and can not be opened."

The .dll should be placed in the Effects folder and not opened with Paint.NET.

The .dll should be placed in the Effects folder and not opened with Paint.NET.

how do I stop that? it automatically does this.

iSee, you never have to open the .dll file; so, you shouldn't be relying on what Windows does automatically with the files.

All you need to do is MOVE the .dll file to the 'Effects' folder wherever you have Paint.NET installed... :roll:

iSee, you never have to open the .dll file; so, you shouldn't be relying on what Windows does automatically with the files.

All you need to do is MOVE the .dll file to the 'Effects' folder wherever you have Paint.NET installed... :roll:

when I click open, it should bring me to the folder where I can move it to effects, instead, it opens up PDN, so I have no clue where the .dll file is.

Dude -- you don't have to OPEN the file to MOVE it...

Just drag what pops out of the zip when you download it and drag it to the effects folder. As if it were one of your pictures or songs or something. You're just complicating your life here man.

I am trying to download the align plug in and it will not let me?? I have tried looking for it all over this forum and this is the only one that has the link. It brings up this error message: - "This file does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Assocations control panel"

Can someone please help ASAP

Thanks

Care bear, if you read the discussion from th past page, and the top of this page, I think you'll be able to find some help.

You don't actually open the file, you move it to the Paint.NET effects folder.

Is that your problem? Are you trying to open it?

All over here it says open and move so I am getting confused, I have tried to save the folder (Zip) or just saving the .dll to the effects folder and all works now phew. sorry if I sound like a blonde I'm a newb

I just downloaded this and I was wondering: Is it compatible with v3.35? I've been trying to use it, and the interface opens okay, I can make a selection okay, but it has absolutely no effect. If I'm just being stupid and there's and update or something I missed on one of the pages here, please point it out, but other than that, is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Nvm, I was just being an idiot, I was selecting the object instead of the whole layer. Sorry about that. And thanks for the plug-in, it's really helpful

The object you want to align has to be on a layer by itself, no background.

at first i thought who might need it :shock: ?! just put the object were you want!!,

but few days later, after working on things like glass buttons............. i had to flip the whole forum trying to find it!!!

and at last i did :mrgreen:

Wow! It's a good thing I came here and read this thread. I was having the same issue as DarkHate. Many times I've tried to center an object, but the plugin wouldn't center it and I kept wondering why. Thanx for the info people. 8)

With version 3.36 of PDN this plugin does not work! :( And now is when I need it most :(

hmmm seems to work nicely for me. Have you tried Ashe's last suggestion from his last post above?

I know that this works with objects with transparent backgrounds... No, whatever I try with this will give it "striped", transparent lines all over the object...

Is this what you got?

ALIGNPROB.jpg

It would do this on all the vertical options with me until I clicked on OK, and now it works fine on all of them. Strange. But at least the plug in is working now.

Sorry the image is too big ,I forgot to resize. :oops:

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Hi. Can you put a code... The code in the source isn't working. I want to put it into Adjustments... That's all...