How to Install Plugins ×

Align Object Plugin - Updated 06/17/2007

moc426

It took me a little while to figure out how to get the align object plugin to do anything.

My problem was that I have been working on images created by cropping-to-selection within scanned images of some 5 x 7 cards. The resulting canvases had content throughout, even though I was not thinking of the white areas as content.

Only when I used an eraser to create pixel-free borders around a trial image did the align object plugin have something it could work with. It then exhibited the behavior for which everyone has been expressing appreciation.

If the author thinking about possible enhancements, one candidate might be something like

MessageBox.Show

( "non-blank pixels reach edge(s) of canvas so movement is limited" );

when a user requests movement that is not possible.

• 10 months later...

This is really a great plugin, but is it possible by any chance to correct the middle (center) option? Because it actually shifts the object one pixel to the right and one pixel down from the center, that's true also for top middle, bottom middle, left middle and right middle, I know it isn't noticeable, but with small canvases it shows clearly and you can correct that manually, but for multiply uses in one project it is really a problem (like what happened with me when I was trying to do a tutorial using this plugin), please don't remove this plugin if it is a bug or anything else, because it is so useful.

KrisVDM has a version of Align Object in his plugin pack: KrisVDM's Plugin Pack. Try that.

Appreciate your reply Ego Eram Reputo, But unfortunately this plugin doesn't suit the tutorial, because the tutorial is very simple, I really didn't have this plugin in the previous KrisVDM package, but I updated it last night after reading your reply and got it in my list, so thanks you very much sir, and thank you KrisVDM you too for the great plugins and for keeping them up to date.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/8/2017 at 6:23 PM, BoltBait said:

I'll try reuploading the zip file to see if it fixes the problem.

EDIT: That seems to have fixed the name problem.

(Any archive extractor worth its salt will allow you to open or extract an archive with or without an extension, regardless of the extension's contents or lack thereof!)

Happy to hear that reuploading fixed the problem with the name; thanks for your hard work! So many people who never say anything appreciate what you do more than you know! Thanks from all of us!

Hurm. Looking at both my post count and date of joining causes me to ponder.

OT: When did the paint.net forum's format and/or hosting provider change, requiring users to sign up for new accounts? I seem to recall that happening, but I definitely remember those types of upheavals on other forums, so I might merely confusing this forum with another.

Query: Can someone with a more intimate knowledge of the history of the paint.net forum than the one I remember please tell me whether that occurred here at some point and relate some details? Rick? BoltBait? others? Thank you very much in advance!

Edited by danlock
additional data added; replacement of text removed by inadvertent auto reload; a grammar fix.

6 minutes ago, welshblue said:

... it's ever so slightly out when centring  ...

Yes, I've noticed that too. It's off by like two pixels, if I remember correctly.

57 minutes ago, danlock said:

OT: When did the paint.net forum's format and/or hosting provider change, requiring users to sign up for new accounts? I seem to recall that happening, but I definitely remember those types of upheavals on other forums, so I might merely confusing this forum with another.

The migration happened in April 2010. Existing accounts (with posts) were also migrated; there was no need to sign up again. Maybe you signed up for a new account anyway?

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

15 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

The migration happened in April 2010. Existing accounts (with posts) were also migrated; there was no need to sign up again. Maybe signed up for a new account anyway?

Thank you!

Yes; it's likely that I was unable to remember or find my original username/password or the recovery data was borked in some manner, perhaps using an email address to which I no longer had access. ...or my data was backed up on a floppy disk or other medium I was no longer able to read. OR I had no posts with my old account (unlikely but possible), which would have caused it to be purged it as part of the migration from phpBB to IPB, forcing me to create a new account along with the other members who wanted to be part of the community and had accounts but no posts prior to the migration purge.

Edited by danlock

• Ego Eram Reputo unpinned this topic

Unpinned. We need a bit more space at the top of the forum for new plugins.

Would creating a new forum space help solve this issue? I don't think so as you'll have to pick to remove one of those, and put a pin that says link to top plugins.

G'MIC Filter Developer

Not really. It's purely an optical thing.

We prune the pinned plugins/tutorials as required to shorten the list. Once the list gets half a screen high it's usually time to unpin a few just to make viewing easier. The unpinned item is not lost, it just reverts to the status of a regular post.

In the case of this plugin it is quite old (2007) and marked as 'deprecated'. At least three other align plugins have been created since. Hence I don't think the pin needs to remain.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Ilikecarsandgames said:

it does nothing, it didn't center my selection

Copy it, then Paste your selection into a new layer (Ctrl + Shift+ V). Then run the plugin on the new layer.

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello Everyone, 

I have been using paint.net on my laptop for a while now but I recently got a new computer and downloaded it. When I downloaded it, the newest version did not have the "object align" option. I downloaded the AlignPlugin.dll from 2007 and put it in my files, but when I run paint.net I cannot find it anywhere. When I run the plug in with paint.net it says "The image type is not recognized, and cannot be opened."

I basically just want a way to align my objects, any advice or help with this is greatly appreciated, Thank you!  

24 minutes ago, Jayo said:

I downloaded the AlignPlugin.dll from 2007 and put it in my files

Please follow the instructions here:

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab