moc426

Align Object Plugin - Updated 06/17/2007

This plug-in doesnt seem to be 100% compatible with 3.20

ex. i click center vertical alone nothing will happen same with center middle

I've this bug :(

And other crashs.

Try updating it. Mine works now

@moc426: do you find you could add a field for a margin?

For example I would like to align the object on the left border but at 10 pixels from the side of the image.

For example I would like to align the object on the left border but at 10 pixels from the side of the image.

I second this notion.

There have been numerous times when simply aligning the object to the utmost left corner, for example, is not suitable, and manually aligning has to be used, which has it's drawbacks, as you can imagine.

For now, just draw a 10px box/line next to the object, where you want the margin. Make sure the color of the box is different that any colors in your object Delete the box when done.

@Moc246-Can you upload the DLL to a different website? My Dad's stupid blocker thing won't let me go to "Ourdome.com." I'd really like to download your plugins, they look great. Can you help?

Livewrong811, I'm not so sure that your dad's blocker is preventing you from going to this site. I checked http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to see if this site was down for just me. The site said that the plug-in site was down for everyone.

I, too, am asking that you move the plug-in file.

I already have this plug-in in the Effects folder. It's been working great for the past few days, but it randomly quit showing up. I was going to try to re-"install" it to see if this was the problem.

This great plugin has a bug centering text with lower case letters such as p or q, any text used will shift the center point up. Please see exampke at my staging server morepro.mobi/index.html the "Options" button text is above the rest. If this has already been reported I could not find it in search.

That's because it's not aligning the text; it's aligning the pixels. This plugin doesn't treat the text as text, but as an image. It can't tell the difference between a P or Q and anything else. It's doing it on purpose. :-)

I'm really sorry if I sound stupid, but I wanna get this figured out.

I honestly can't figure out how to align anything. I tried selecting what I wanna center, then centering it, didn't work. And honestly, that's all I can think of to do.

Could someone please explain to me?

So basically, I need to set the layers opacity to 0? If I do that, I can't even see the text.

Man, I suck at this. I'm going to keep trying until you reply.

Nope. Here's what you do.

1. Cut out your object. Meaning if it's a circle, have the circle on a transparent background.

2. Run plugin.

The plugin takes all the pixels on the layer and centers them. So if the background is completely opaque or completely transparent, nothing will happen, and that's why decreasing the opacity to zero won't help you.

So, now, I'm going to try to figure out how to make a transparent background. Do you mean, a gif or something?

OMG, I am so stupid. I figured it out. And it was something I alrady knew how to do. Sorry for being so stupid about this.

Just add new layer, Type your text on that new layer.

Use plugin.

Done!

Now you should understand how this plugin works.

Yes, I figured it out at the time I edited my previous post, but thanks anyways. That's exactly how it should've been explained.

Sorry couldn't get to you earlier :?

Glad it worked out.

Have fun PDN-ing! :)

How come the plug in doesn't work anymore? It's in my effects folder.

EDIT: This image type is not reconised, an can not be opened.

How come the plug in doesn't work anymore? It's in my effects folder.

EDIT: This image type is not reconised, an can not be opened.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023

It's in the right place, it's just not working. I downloaded the source. Do I have to download the .dll also?

Only the DLL. The source is just for programmers to look at so they can see how it works.