Gradient tool

I'm new to Paintdotnet and I can't seem to get the gradient tool to work the way I want (to blend two photos, left to right). I have followed the tutorials (transparency mode, etc) and yet, when I click and drag, the area bleaches out! What am I doing wrong?

Also, how can you blend just the edges of, say, an element that was brought into an image (someone's eyeball in the place of a sun as in a photo of a sunset)?

Thanks,

Warren Warsaw

I'm new to Paintdotnet and I can't seem to get the gradient tool to work the way I want (to blend two photos, left to right). I have followed the tutorials (transparency mode, etc) and yet, when I click and drag, the area bleaches out! What am I doing wrong?

Also, how can you blend just the edges of, say, an element that was brought into an image (someone's eyeball in the place of a sun as in a photo of a sunset)?

Thanks,

Warren Warsaw

the area bleaches out! ---- Remember to click :AlphaChannel: icon when you are using :GradientTool:

blend just the edges ---- Use Feather plug-in would be easiest

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2498

Hope this helps

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I am 75% sure that your problem will be solved with this screenshot:

colorsci2.png

A good tool other than transparency mode is the Alpha Mask. It's the type of thing that you would want to experiment with before asking questions (because it's hard to explain properly).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb