Problem loading images on webpages

ykcor85

I have been using paint.net for a few weeks to edit photos. I use websites like myspace and facebook and even deviant art and when I go to load images to them I get error messages like this file may be corrupt and things like that. any idea how I can fix it?

You have to save the images in a format that those websites support. .PDN is only for use within PDN itself. You should save as either PNG or JPG... I personally prefer PNG because it's not too much bigger than JPG, but is lossless and supports transparency

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Make sure you're selecting the filetype in the dropdown list in the "save as" dialog. just changing the extension doesnt work.

xZYt6wl.png

yeah, in the pull down list, i have done that, and it works for face book and many work for myspace but only one has worked for deviant art. deviant art says corrupted file and myspace says problem with load but face book lets it

have you tried opening the ones that dont work in a local program like photoshop or mspaint?

xZYt6wl.png

infran view and fxphoto, they open in there, i have even tried to save them from their and open them into the websites, still no luck

Create a brand new image from scratch in MSPaint or anything else EXCEPT for pdn, then try to upload that. This is to see if the issue is actually PdN's fault in any way.

xZYt6wl.png

Good call, it must be a problem with the website because I just tried to upload a picture I took a while back and it is not going ether, sorry for the trouble. thank you

glad I could....'help' seems like the wrong word here... clear pdn's good name! yeah, i'm glad i could clear pdn's good name. :D

xZYt6wl.png

it is a great program, i have been using it for about two weeks now and it is a lot better then any other free editing program