Suggestion- custom background to show transparent pixels

usedHONDA

Normally, I just make a new layer, send it to the bottom, and fill it with a certain color to see how my alpha-channel-dependent image looks with a white, gray, black, or green background (because a checker board doesn't cut it). But unfortunately, sometimes I have 5 layers on blend modes and when I make my background layer white or black, it disappears or does something funky to it. My suggestion is to add a new section in a menu like "Choose Defaults" that allows you to change from the standard checker board to the color or tiling pattern you want. Just an idea.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I think it adds more bugs than solves issues.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

The thing is that sometimes you need to edit an image when at the same time, you need a certain background to either see it better or see how it would look with the certain background, but without the image blending modes ruin it. For instance, I was working on a iPod today (if you didn't see the 3 pages it was on in the Pictorium) and I needed to see how my black iPod looked on the white background, and vice versa. But with bending modes set on almost every layer, half of the image disappeared. So I had to flatten the image, set the background, take a look, undo the flattening, make a curve and a transparency adjustment, flatten, look, undo, do another modification, flatten, look, undo adjustment, flatten....... it got kinda annoying (and my CPU/500mb RAM chips didn't find it enjoyable, either).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Honda, rest assure we all saw your iPod.

And I highly support this. It can get very frustrating, as you just described.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

i think it's a nice idea, that way i could make my pink background a default on startup lol

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^