Paint.NET v3.07 is now available

As usual, get it via the built-in updater, or at the website: http://www.getpaint.net/ .

This update enhances the Line/Curve tool, significantly reduces the download size, and fixes some bugs related to opening and saving files in Windows Vista.

* New: Line/Curve tool has been enhanced to allow drawing arrowheads, and to draw with various dashed- and dotted- styles.

* New: Image tab thumbnails now have an indicator if the respective image has unsaved changes (an orange asterisk is shown).

* Improved: The Save Configuration dialog (choose JPEG quality, etc.) now allows you to maximize it. It also remembers its relative location and size.

* Changed: The help file / documentation is now hosted online. This has reduced the download size by more than 3 MB, and will also allow us to provide translations without ballooning the size of the download (each language would have added between 2 and 4MB).

* Changed: The "image list button" (downward triangle) is also shown when only 1 image is open (it used to only display if 2 or more images were open). This is being done for the sake of consistency.

* Fixed: Some operations would reset the selected layer to the first/lowest layer. This selection is now preserved.

* Fixed: The Image->Rotate commands no longer hangs if a selection was active.

* Fixed: Several problems have been fixed within our implementation surrounding the new Vista Open/Save dialogs. This includes: opening an image from an http:// source, opening images from a digital camera that is not mapped to a file system path (such as a drive letter), the Save dialog not always prompting you about overwriting an existing file, and many corner cases that previously caused crashes.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Your buddy from SkyOrb kinda beat you to the punch in the "Yet another Paint.NET ripoff attempt (posted on Rick's blog)" thread...

Looks like you deleted his post though...

Anyway, I updated this morning at 8:30am. Yay!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Got it! Thanks.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Is anyone else having any problems installing the update? I tried updating 3.05 to 3.07 via the program and got this message.

pdn.png

It's even happening if I download the zip files and I've tried them twice in case they were corrupted. Yet other things seems to install fine.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, first post and saw this was about 3.07.

Great program btw Rick.

Is anyone else having any problems installing the update? I tried updating 3.05 to 3.07 via the program and got this message.

pdn.png

It's even happening if I download the zip files and I've tried them twice in case they were corrupted. Yet other things seems to install fine.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, first post and saw this was about 3.07.

Great program btw Rick.

Please post this in Bugs & Troubleshooting, but only after reading the first post in there about troubles with installing/uninstalling (and then only post if you are still having trouble of course). Thanks.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

There's something that was bugging me for a while since I first used pdn that I haven't mentioned until now.

When you adjust the tolerance, anything over 69% will select the entire canvas. No matter what the saturation opacity or hue the color of the pixel next to it, if the tolerance is at 70 or more, it will select/recolor it. I'm not sure, but I don't think it will be too much of a problem to change that (maybe a simple equation to enter or modify).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I was going to say that maybe the tolerance percentage is factoring the alpha channel into its equation, but then I tried coloring half of my canvas black and half white. Set the tolerance for 92% and only 1 color was selected wherever I clicked the magic wand. IOW: I can't reproduce what you're talking about uH. Rick? Comments?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I find it occurs often when selecting a transparent portion of a layer, trying to use a line / border of a solid object as the bounding object.

To repro: Open a new canvas, and create a new layer. Draw an ellipse in the center of the new layer with drawing mode set to Draw Shape Outline, color:black, line width:2. Switch to the Magic Wand tool and change the tolerance to 68. Click in the center, and only the center will be selected. Change the tolerance to 69 and click the center, and the center and outside will be selected but the outline will not. Change the tolerance to 70 and click the center, the entire layer will be selected.

I find that, in cases where the layer is not transparent, the tolerance can go higher, but even with a layer with pure black and white, a tolerance of 93% will select both colors.

I noticed this as well some time ago, I just worked around it.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Paint.NET doesn't support Win2k. It's 7 years old and there are already like 4 operating systems (5 if you count Linux running it on Mono) that have come after Win2k and are supported by Paint.NET. Also, there are very few people that have 2000 and it is a pain for Rick to have to add support for those few people.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

there are very few people that have 2000

LOL, you would be surprised at how many are still using Win98! I thought there were only two OS after W2K .... XP and Vista. I must have missed the others somehow.

Thanks for the information.

:D