Sign in to follow this  
Dr. D

Picture Add On Game!

Current Game: The current game is Game 2 starting on Page 2

Hi everybody! I thought this game might be fun to play in PDN! So here is how you play:

The basic rundown of the game is this: I will post a very simple start picture. Then somebody else will copy and paste the pic into a PDN file and do 1 thing to it. Then, post the next part of the picture up and let somebody else do somethign to it. The point is to make a cool looking picture with everybodies help! Please do not ruin it for the rest of us by messing the picture up by scribbling all over it or ruining it.

1 Thing meaning, draw one line. Do one effect. Change the adjustments on it once. I hope you get what I mean! Making a new layer does not count as one thing. On one "turn" you may make a new layer, change it's blending mode, and do your one effect/line/gradient or whatever you choose.

Here is how to post your picture! Before you do anything, you need to post saying these words: "Picture in Progress." Sound simple enough? When your picture is done, then you can edit your post and stick your picture in there. We do this because if lots of people (or even 2 people) wanted to do this, the process takes a while to do. So when 2 people go and do their "1 thing" to the picture, they don't know that somebody else is also doing "1 thing" to the same picture, therefore causing problems in the end. So if you see a post above yours that says "Picture in Progress," please don't do anything untill they are done. Then you will have a fresh picture to work with. Any questions? (No, seriously, please post all questions.)

Rules:

1. Only post once in a row.

2. You may only change one thing in the picture.

3. You may write no text in the picture.

4. You may add no other pictures such as renders etc.

5. No scribbling all over and messing the whole picture up etc.

7. You may make layers, but when you host it, it must be flattened again.

8. Keep the picture the same size.

9. You must say exactly what you did to the picture, just so all the rest of us know!

10. You may change color, with the exception of one color only. This means if you have the color tint plugin, or whatever, you must change the color once, to only one new color.

So I want to see how this works. Maybe it will be a total failure, or maybe it will be great fun. Eventually, (after our old picture is done) we will start a new picture and see how that one goes. The bold and underlined picture is the game in progress. You can also check the top post to see.

So here is the Game 1 Starting picture:

startpicgamedb7.png

Ending Picture:

addpicgame-1.png

Game 2 Starting Picture:

gamestart2mi1.png

Yerr! I like this game! let's see where it goes. I think you should be required to state exactly what you did to it though.

I ran clouds on negation blend mode. all other settings default.

startpicgamedb7wp9.png

ALSO! because the whole download, PDN, edit, save, REupload process can take time, you should all put a placeholder post in the thread before you do anything, otherwise you might do the work only to find out that someone else did something different to it and beat you to posting it.

You can just edit the your pic into your post when you're done.

*pyrochild beat me to it haha*

i think that the person who wants to go next should make a post saying so than edit it when he/she is done altering the pic. this way we dont have more than one person using the same pic ;)

with that said i would like to go next.

Tile Reflection

- rotation angle = 45

- square size = 200

- curvature = 5

nextum1.png

Ok I changed a few things in the way things are done, please read the first post again. Also, new rule 9, Although you guys have been doing that all along.

Duplicate layer, motion blur (90 degrees, 50 px)

addpicgame.png

Here is one with a little color added. Obviously this is not an official entry...but it does look cool!

I think it would make a cool CD cover!

addpicgame_color.png

You know, this thread has been created before, but never went more than 5 posts.

Pencil sketch, recolor.

4r0dter.png

Now I have the song "Funkytown" stuck in my head.

EDIT: I redid.

UH, do you think I am retarded?

That is the same picture as before...unless 2 images can be hosted as the same image at the same location!

Try again! :lol:

EDIT:

Besides, I don't see how you got 5 different color in the image by following these Rules:

1 Thing meaning, draw one line. Do one effect. Change the adjustments on it once. I hope you get what I mean! Making a new layer does not count as one thing. On one "turn" you may make a new layer, change it's blending mode, and do your one effect/line/gradient or whatever you choose.

Even still, how did you do the recolor? Did it involve more than one action(brush stroke)? If no, what exactly did you do(Settings, Tool used...)?

Well... i called it a recolor, but it was a layer with a blend mode (maybe multiply) :D