The <off topic> thread

i would donate blood but i'm not old enough and i forget what mine is

I believe they can find out on their own. :wink: There's are a bunch of qualifications you have to meet do donate blood.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

You can't donate blood if you've gotten a tattoo in the last 4 months, or if you've lived for more than 6 months in the UK in 1980-1996. :|

Wow. That's a unique one. :P

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

question re .cs

I received yesterday the book I ordered on C#

I just downloaded a few sample .cs zips. extracted ..... is there a certain spot I should be storing these items? when I open it opens in visual C# 2008 I was under impression it was possible to open in codelab. is that an incorrect assumption?

ciao

OMA

Just finished installing Windows 7 Pro on my Asus Eee 1000H.

It runs fine and now both the desktop and laptop run Win 7 :P

Sweet. I should be getting mine in less than three weeks. Hopefully...

@oma: No, you can just click on one of for .cs files and it should open your standard .cs editor, probably Visual Studio and regarding codelab, only one way to find out but I think it should work.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

I just downloaded a few sample .cs zips. extracted ..... is there a certain spot I should be storing these items? when I open it opens in visual C# 2008 I was under impression it was possible to open in codelab. is that an incorrect assumption?

CodeLab is only designed for Paint.NET plugins. Unless it's a script specifically written for CodeLab, it can open in it but it won't run. For VC# it should probably go in the Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects folder. To open it, double-click on either the .sln or .csproj file (opening the .cs file won't open the whole project and you'll have trouble compiling it.)

It may also appear in the start page of VC# if you've opened it before.

KaHuc.png

Or maybe that's just what he wants to come across to his student :wink:
Ableton 8.0.1, and that I'm really happy about.

What a coincidence! I was just playing around with that program for a couple hours last week :)

Great program, so powerful. I love it.

It's a big leap from FL Studio, but I'll get used to it. Do you make music on a regular basis?

Well the first day I had it I must have spent like - 4 hours learning how to use it :P

Haven't used it much since then - I've mainly tried to remix existing songs I have in my library or creating custom drum beats, etc.

Haven't really done any original stuff yet :oops:

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

CodeLab is only designed for Paint.NET plugins. Unless it's a script specifically written for CodeLab, it can open in it but it won't run. For VC# it should probably go in the Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects folder. To open it, double-click on either the .sln or .csproj file (opening the .cs file won't open the whole project and you'll have trouble compiling it.)

thanks Simon

the actual one I'm looking at right now is circle text.

ciao OMA

thanks Simon

the actual one I'm looking at right now is circle text.

ciao OMA

In that case it will. Just click File -> Open from CodeLab.

KaHuc.png

thanks managed to do that already. I'm going to understand this .... oh I am I am. how's that for convincing myself. :lol:

some things make sense most not. loads of reading yet.

hardest part is deciding what I'd like to work on something very simple. my main problem I have no problems with the plugins and program as it stands. That seems to be where the plugin writers inspiration comes from.

ciao thanks Simon

Well, remixes are good, I'd be glad to have a listen.

Unlike your Novella, they're not quite ready for public consumption :lol:

Nononononononononooooooo....

The first (rubbish (as is my vocabulary, as you can see)) 12 chapters are ready. Ish. The rest isn't even written et. I'm working on deleting this virs though, and another... project.

@Music talk:

Irony, I've been working on making some music as well. So far, I have 30 seconds of epic, and 30min of useless samples and a capella recordings [FL Studio FTW]. I'm doing it in a way that it doesn't really sound like a remix, but music with a familiar voice.

By the way, whenever I upload the stuff, you may hear a little bit of my own recording (listen to the piano and guitar; I tend to use the physical thing). My objective is to make music in all genres, so expect some foreign languages and 30s gangster movie instruments.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I really wish I had finished those remixes... oh well, they were starting to sound way too techno for my taste.

One thing that really pushes inspiration is really just listening to music as often as possible. Most of the time I'm on the computer or PS3, I'm on Pandora.com with a Quick Mix of 5 stations I made. That website really helped me find out what I really liked, and rediscover some artists I already heard of (I didn't know I liked Beck, Muse, and Death Cab for Cutie that much).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb