Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

@pyro: It's suprisingly hard to find Exogenesis Symphony tracks on Youtube, and they haven't really hit mp3 search engines. Youtube has either deleted the tracks or replaced the audio with other music (a few classical pieces). Got to hear part 1, though, and it put chills through my spine (except the begining-- too Star Trek).

[[ http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#exogenesis ]] First result is all 3 movements.

@P.Child: maybe they made their 1st good song!

No, they made their first masterpiece. 90% of their songs are good.*

*The other 10% are great

Oh, and I've been thinking, should we create a philosophy/religion/politics discussion thread? I've always wanted to see what the PDN forumgoers believe. The only rule I'd suggest a no smear rule. As I recall, there used to be someone that insulted Christains in pretty much every thread he entered, becoming a counterexample of a model citizen. I believe, if done in a civil enogh fassion, this could become one of the most professionally executed threads around. I bring up the subject here because this is probably the least bitter community I've ever gone to.
'

This could be disastrous. It could also be enlightening.

Oh, and I've been thinking, should we create a philosophy/religion/politics discussion thread? I've always wanted to see what the PDN forumgoers believe. The only rule I'd suggest a no smear rule. As I recall, there used to be someone that insulted Christains in pretty much every thread he entered, becoming a counterexample of a model citizen. I believe, if done in a civil enogh fassion, this could become one of the most professionally executed threads around. I bring up the subject here because this is probably the least bitter community I've ever gone to.

It's a great idea, don't get me wrong I'd love to share my beliefs, but when put into practise I can't see it going very far. :| It would require the utmost respect and everyone would actually have to think before they post in-case of disrespect (a notion that may defeat some members).

i don

@P.Child: maybe they made their 1st good song!

Coming from the guy who enjoys Soulja Boy... :roll:

/thread

i never said i like him, but he okay... :?

I would hang in there. 8)

i would quite like a debate but no matter what people are like i think at least a dew arguements would be inevitable

I agree it would be cool, I have always had some weird thoughts I never shared with anyone, maybe you would find my thought new and innovating (or just boring, but there's only one way to find out).

No, no. I think that it would work: I've participated in many debates in the past which have been locked, not because they became offensive, but because they went on for so long that the original thread became impossible to salvage. I feel that with the present community we have here would accept the spirit of the thread and it would become an incredible success. I'd love to sling my guns around in there!

Hmm... I didn't realize we had some Muse listeners on here - I've been plugging in Muse references for the past two years, and have had no response until the Resistance :P

Regarding the debate / philosophy topic: I think it could be a good idea, but there would have to be a strict structure.

Oh, and I've been thinking, should we create a philosophy/religion/politics discussion thread?

No good can come from this.

Trust me.

I am a mod on another board with one of those threads and I ban more people in that thread than in the entire rest of the forum combined.

Oh, and I've been thinking, should we create a philosophy/religion/politics discussion thread?

No good can come from this.

Trust me.

I am a mod on another board with one of those threads and I ban more people in that thread than in the entire rest of the forum combined.

Just delete the thread then, ahah.

As much as I enjoy a good debate, I've always believed that you shouldn't enter into one unless you're willing to change your mind if proven wrong - if you come to the table absolutely dead-set in your position, it'll just devolve into a shouting match. Well, there's two problems. One, beliefs are often things we've grown up with, things that are deeply ingrained into us, and things we don't tend to give up easily. Two, Religion is inherently scarce on the "proof" bit - there's no way I could prove to an atheist that a non-corporeal God exists. Too often, arguments about a religion end up simply as one detractor saying "prove it is so" and the believer saying "prove it isn't so". :roll:

While I do think the community of decidedly intellectually minded folk we have here would fair better than most, I'm dubious as to how long it would last.

On an unrelated note, anybody watch Fringe last night? Check this thread title:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31701 :lol:

I believe that people should be able to debate if they want. Their points just need to be facts and opinions (that are not offensive). I personally don't like to argue with people, but a deep conversation would be nice.

I think we can have a thread to discuss certain issues, just nothing to debate about.

I see CMD's point, however. If you go into a discussion expecting to 'correct' everyone else, you're just getting into trouble.

Shock, I don't think people would keep discussions at discussions - they would eventually have to become either dead, or crazy.

I see CMD's point, however. If you go into a discussion expecting to 'correct' everyone else, you're just getting into trouble.

Shock, I don't think people would keep discussions at discussions - they would eventually have to become either dead, or crazy.

Yeah that's probably the downside. You never know who's going to jump into the discussion and cause a ruckus. :|