The <off topic> thread

Void, do you have Xbox Live?

At THs: I tried to add you, but your list is full. :|

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

removing someone now :P

Alright. I'll try it again...

Also: I'll be getting Halo 3: ODST, but not what it comes out. Maybe early next month.

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

So, my dad's been turning off his Playstation 3 by switching off the power to the unit. He never uses the "shutdown" command. :roll:

Anyway, I just talked to him on the phone and he told me that when he turns it on it says that it has a corrupt disk.

I told him that he could fix it, but he said that he's just going to buy a new one.

I told him that if he does that, I want the old one and I'll fix it myself.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Nice. Do you know much it might cost to fix it yourself?

And my friend is picking up a copy of ODST for me while I'm on my cruise this week. Gave him the money, the receipt and everything.

Wow you accepted that friend request quick. :D

So, my dad's been turning off his Playstation 3 by switching off the power to the unit. He never uses the "shutdown" command. :roll:

Anyway, I just talked to him on the phone and he told me that when he turns it on it says that it has a corrupt disk.

I told him that he could fix it, but he said that he's just going to buy a new one.

I have a PS3 -- it's an excellent Bluray player.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

My PS3's fan is too loud to use for movies... :\ I should really find a better place for it where it gets better circulation. Not only does it get mediocre airflow where it is (which is the #1 reason for PS3 hardware failures, AFAIK), but the media rack also serves as an echo chamber. :roll:

I thought about "upgrading" to a PS3 slim, but that has no support for PS2 games. I have the 60GB model, so it has full hardware emulation for playing PS2. Later models switch to software emulation, which has lower compatibility, and the slim drops PS2 compatibility altogether. How lame.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

By the way. I think there are some main reasons why the PS3 Slim doesn't play PS2 game.

I think Sony basically took away a lot of it's features to make it cheaper. The matte finish, the buttons that aren't touch sensitive, and not being able to play PS2 games. I think they basically did that so it won't cost them as much to make it. :|

By the way. I think there are some main reasons why the PS3 Slim doesn't play PS2 game.

I think Sony basically took away a lot of it's features to make it cheaper. The matte finish, the buttons that aren't touch sensitive, and not being able to play PS2 games. I think they basically did that so it won't cost them as much to make it. :|

Congratulations! You are hereby promoted to the rank of Captain of Team Obvious. 8)

xZYt6wl.png

I thought about "upgrading" to a PS3 slim, but that has no support for PS2 games. I have the 60GB model, so it has full hardware emulation for playing PS2. Later models switch to software emulation, which has lower compatibility, and the slim drops PS2 compatibility altogether. How lame.

I only used the PS2 emulation once, when I was trying out a used PS2 game I bought for my brother-in-law for Christmas.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I only used the PS2 emulation once, when I was trying out a used PS2 game I bought for my brother-in-law for Christmas.

I play PS2 games as often as PS3 games, and there's no sense having 2 consoles when 1 will suffice.

xZYt6wl.png

I play PS2 games as often as PS3 games, and there's no sense having 2 consoles when 1 will suffice.

I never got into any PS2 games. So for me, it doesn't matter.

I have used the XBOX 360's emulation of the original XBOX a few times. But, only for SSX 3. I wish they'd release a real follow up to that on the new generation of consoles. They released SSX "On Tour" for the original XBOX, but it was not very good.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg