I think that a lot of people will be sticking with DVD for a little while. With the economy the way it is, I don't think people will dish out that much cash for a blu-ray player. I'll be getting a PS3 soon though. :P

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

but what do you use 12gigs of ram for?

Everything. I'd have been fine with 8GB but these Core i7 boards take RAM in triples, not pairs. It's nice that Superfetch can basically prefetch the entire library of executable code that I ever touch. And stress-testing Paint.NET with large images. And staying away from the pagefile, because disk I/O is death (I still have a pagefile, but with 12GB it just rarely gets touched).

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Bluray is awesome. I got the complete Battlestar Galactica on BD, it's gorgeous.

Plus, DVD's menuing system is painful.

Wow. I didn't even know Blu-ray's didn't have menus. I've never watched a movie on blu-ray. :lol:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

If only it were possible to print properly on looseleaf paper. Then you could take fontcapture (the ability to make fonts) and never worry about those endless "write 'I am a dork' 500 times on looseleaf" punishment assignments given by teachers for forgetting your book or something.

Not that I've ever had to undergo it. But I've come close numerous times (and getting lucky a few times because the teacher forgets).

And I'll reiterate... I'm in high school. :|

Last night I had a dream that was so boring I became conscious while asleep and told myself to wake up. It sounds funny but it wasn't. :|

The dream had something to do with Splitter 2 but there was shooting instead of cutting. I don't know how my unconscious mind came up with that... :/

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

If only it were possible to print properly on looseleaf paper.

I'm pretty sure you can, you just need to set the space between lines to whatever ruling you're using. But it'd probably still look fake.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure your teacher would catch on when all five hundred lines looked exactly the same.

Paint.NET isn't here for you to cheat at school, anyway. :-P

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

If only it were possible to print properly on looseleaf paper.

I'm pretty sure you can, you just need to set the space between lines to whatever ruling you're using. But it'd probably still look fake.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure your teacher would catch on when all five hundred lines looked exactly the same.

Paint.NET isn't here for you to cheat at school, anyway. :-P

...true there. I would've only have used it for punishment assignments though. I'm not the "copy and paste essay" kind of person anyway :wink:

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, you do the crime, you do the time. :-P It's your own fault you forgot your supplies.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, you do the crime, you do the time. :-P It's your own fault you forgot your supplies.

I agree that it would be one's own fault if supplies are forgotten (I haven't been in that kind of situation in recent times)

But if I was, I'd rather take the 5-10 points off the participation grade rather than have to waste time writing stuff out :lol:

At my school the teacher might give you an hour of detention if you forget your books a lot of times, or you have to buy pie or brownies or cake or ice cream for the entire class :D

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.