The <off topic> thread

Let me ask you' date=' what do these statements serve besides to piss people off? If you can do better, show us.

[u']"Oma always stuck doing the same old, Ash used to, Advance users need a new Ash, so and so would've been the new Ash"?[/u]

Great quote. I completely said it just like that. What did you do? Scan through my post and tried to take everything very literally? And about OMA...

Let me answer you again...

oma does a lot of abstracts but she does try her best to do as many different themes as she can.

How come OMA understood the post, and yet you couldn't? I've already talked to her, and she understood the meaning behind it. She wasn't quick to misjudge, as yourself, and was willing to compromise. Yeah, OMA is actually one of the best forum users around, and many of us know that.

on this statement I actually did understand from your first post how ASH interpeted it, I was just so spitting mad at your audacity I didn't even wish to acknowledge it. I graciously accepted your apology by PM. and for the record I think I'm a good paint.net user not one of the best on the forum but darn good. and for those that think all my abstracts are just the same thing repeated over and over. have you considered perhaps its different things being refined so steps to shiny are more managable in a tut to be avail for all not just the "so called elete people that think they rate advanced tuts"

ciao

on this statement I actually did understand from your first post how ASH interpeted it, I was just so spitting mad at your audacity I didn't even wish to acknowledge it. I graciously accepted your apology by PM. and for the record I think I'm a good paint.net user not one of the best on the forum but darn good. and for those that think all my abstracts are just the same thing repeated over and over. have you considered perhaps its different things being refined so steps to shiny are more managable in a tut to be avail for all not just the "so called elete people that think they rate advanced tuts"

If you're referring to what I said about your work, I'd just like to point out I haven't expressed my opinion about it. At all.

We're doing this again?

Thread locked until tempers calm down. You should BOTH know better.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Forty years and two days ago, three men exhibited great courage by strapping themselves to what amounts to a bomb in a tube, relying on a computer with approximately the power of a wristwatch, and hurled themselves 240,000 miles up in the sky, through the lowest temperatures any human had ever weathered, to a flying rock with no air.

They landed on that rock in a thin tinfoil camper, piloted through a window smaller than their faces, onto a dusty plain that no human had ever set foot on.

After walking around in the low gravity, staring at a far distant planet they happened to call home, and making history in hundreds of different ways, they tossed the camper into the void of space, aimed their tiny vehicle back toward our planet, and then braved outside temperatures higher than any human had ever experienced to land in the middle of an ocean with no further means of propulsion, trusting only in the United States Navy for recovery and a safe return to their homes.

That is bravery. That is hope. The three men involved in this earth-shattering excursion were some of the most courageous men our planet has ever seen. They began a movement that has placed man-made machinery hundreds of thousands of miles away, with plans for placing people there someday. They paved the way.

I just say this for some perspective. When something like that happens, how important are the things we allow to take over our minds? The things we allow to anger us? The things we bicker and fight about?

Due to some PM communication, I'm unlocking this. But keep in mind, that particular topic is now a thing of the past. I urge anyone who wants to argue further to get some perspective: we're tiny creatures on a tiny planet, and we're venturing out into a great unknown beyond our atmosphere. In that light...well, some things just don't seem so important anymore.

Thread unlocked.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

@all those posts: Wow, looks like a lot of arguing without a real reason. Nice job with the lock :)

If you must insist on open-arena combat, try the long-abandoned PDN chatroom. Debates are always better over there, believe me XD

Today, I looked at my portable hard drive, and thought "What if I open it up?"

45 seconds later, I discover that there's a 250GB 2.5 inch SATA in there, and a SATA-to-USB converter. This is pure awesome. Now I can swap the portable hard drive with the one for my PS3 (40GB)!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Today, I looked at my portable hard drive, and thought "What if I open it up?"

45 seconds later, I discover that there's a 250GB 2.5 inch SATA in there, and a SATA-to-USB converter. This is pure awesome. Now I can swap the portable hard drive with the one for my PS3 (40GB)!

I did the same thing. I had an external drive that my sister gave me, opened it up, and saw it was plain ol' SATA drive with higher capacity and speed than my laptop one. So I put that in my laptop, the laptop's in my PS3, and the PS3's back in the enclosure.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Heh i read Mike's post (the one that started the argument) and i didn't really feel like he was insulting anyone or calling himself a "Super Elite OMG t3h pwnr0z i rox" PDN artist. I guess people think differently 8) Hopefully all is resolved and people put their anger into artwork that is really nice.

ugh and these smileys are creepy :| <--- OMG WHAT IS THAT?!?

One giant LOL at PdN drama. Phew, done with that.

I can't decide on what components to upgrade to for my desktop. Should I get the Phenom II 940? The 945? The 955 (currently $215 on Newegg)? And what motherboard? At any rate, I need to decide within the next two weeks, so I get get the components before I go back to school.

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

I did the same thing. I had an external drive that my sister gave me, opened it up, and saw it was plain ol' SATA drive with higher capacity and speed than my laptop one. So I put that in my laptop, the laptop's in my PS3, and the PS3's back in the enclosure.
How much work was it to transfer files from one HDD to another? That sounded like a fun project.

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

The past few pages of this thread sadden me, I have read the entire argument and I feel really upset that the mods could argue like that. That said, I must announce my departure, perhaps not forever but certainly until I see everyone getting on again.

Goodbye.

For the record, I'm not doing this for sympathy. Really.

One giant LOL at PdN drama. Phew, done with that.

I can't decide on what components to upgrade to for my desktop. Should I get the Phenom II 940? The 945? The 955 (currently $215 on Newegg)? And what motherboard? At any rate, I need to decide within the next two weeks, so I get get the components before I go back to school.

imo, if you want to take a risk, get the 720be, and see if you got a lucky core :P

otherwise get the 955.the am3 cpu works great with ddr3 ram.from what ive read, am3 doesnt give a good boost in performance, but its probably future proof. btw - get black versions if you can find them. unlocked multipliers, better ocing.

and i know nothing about motherboards :D if your budget allows, get a ddr3 xfire/sli board for upgrading option

this is just what i think, you should go to a pc forum and ask :P

The past few pages of this thread sadden me, I have read the entire argument and I feel really upset that the mods could argue like that. That said, I must announce my departure, perhaps not forever but certainly until I see everyone getting on again.

Goodbye.

For the record, I'm not doing this for sympathy. Really.

I wouldn't leave because of me and Ash, honest. Yeah, we can argue and misjudge, as well as misunderstand. But we are also humans, and Ash is a great mod regardless.

signature.png

What was I thinking, in my sleep deprived state?

I could never leave the forums.

I wouldn't leave because of me and Ash, honest. Yeah, we can argue and misjudge, as well as misunderstand. But we are also humans, and Ash is a great mod regardless.

True. :D

Also, considering the argument is done, you'd be waiting a pretty long while for it to end again.

Again, true :lol::lol::lol:

So guys, I'm back after leaving not even an hour ago, how pathetic am i? :)

imo, if you want to take a risk, get the 720be, and see if you got a lucky core :P

Definitely considered that, and it's still on the budget table. In fact, I will definitely be getting a crossfire capable mobo, because I plan on buying a second Radeon 4850 (perhaps the X2 :shock: ).

In the desktop I now have to get (after being scammed out of my laptop) I am getting the 955 on this mo-bo.

I like the looks of that motherboard, but that combo deal on the side there might be just what I'm looking for, maybe a little more.

Ufm6Sc.png

Well i broke the henges on my laptop, and its going cause 450 to fix :/. SOO, I'm getting a new computer. I'm pretty happy about it :D

If I were you, and if the laptop was worth anything, I would turn the laptop into a ghetto media center-ish computer. Just take off the disconnected screen and use and external VGA/DVI/HDMI port to hook it into my TV, maybe buy a cheap external DVD multi drive.

EDIT: College Comp Sci. major thinking for ya. ^

Ufm6Sc.png

Well i broke the henges on my laptop, and its going cause 450 to fix :/. SOO, I'm getting a new computer. I'm pretty happy about it :D

If I were you, and if the laptop was worth anything, I would turn the laptop into a ghetto media center-ish computer. Just take off the disconnected screen and use and external VGA/DVI/HDMI port to hook it into my TV, maybe buy a cheap external DVD multi drive.

EDIT: College Comp Sci. major thinking for ya. ^

You wouldn't believe it, but I have done the exact same thing :lol:

An older laptop of mine's screen shattered about five months ago while in the dorms. Fir thing me and my room mate did was perform open heart surgery to it and place it in a desktop frame, for the heck of it. Now it is all I have left :P

signature.png

Lol, how did you break the hinges? Are your parents paying to replace it, or do you have to replace it yourself. Cause if I had to replace it, I sure wouldn't be happy...although I am starting to need a newer computer too if I go into computer programming or graphic design for college. :roll:

That would be sweet. :D

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)