There already is, in the Rules, but yet nobody reads them despite the capitalised title, the personal reference to 'yes you' and the exclamation marks. New members seem not to read them and it's evident in their blatant violations, i.e. sig sizes, avatar sizes, non-use of search etc. (however, there are the occasional new members who do read them, but they're few and far between).

how could he trust that they will read it?

Precisely. The amount of forums I've signed up to (just for a small piece of information usually) and they've had the rules or agreement pop-up before you sign up and I've automatically accepted without reading it is practically 100%. Think of it this way, how many people read the licence agreement before clicking Accept on installing a program? Not one bugger and that's virtually guaranteed.

That is a good suggestion and I would agree but then we don't want a negative 'vibe' against PDN or the forum.

"This Paint.NET program looks funky and oh look, they have a forum community as well, neat"

"No, not neat, they ban you for petty reasons like an avatar 10 pixels too big."

"Ouch, that's harsh."

"Tell me about it. I'd stay away."

I just made an observation that you may have already noticed, but not acknowledged.

When you go to McDonald's, the employees are fat. When you go to a [real] restaurant, everybody's skinny.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Myrddin, as much as I would love that for my forum as well, is that you cannot modify the code in phpBB and thus can't make a popup.

What I did for my forum was to make an entire forum just for the rules and make the forum description extremely eye grabbing, putting it as the first forum.

I don't think making one more forum could harm the forum in any way.

EDIT:

@BB

the forum chat beta is decent, I was in it earlier. All the Forumer admins (Attitude, Liemz, Problem Child, Edwin, etc) were chatting. Nothing spectacular, but nice.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Actually, the chat window is bugged-- when you make the window bigger then make it smaller, it stays big. Overall, the chatroom isn't really something that you will miss out on. I've seen better.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I just realized this topic is a logical paradox... The title is The thread! but if you post off topic (like this), your post is consistent with the topic of this thread, hence on topic, but if your post is on topic, then it is inconsistent with the topic of this thread, hence off topic, but if your post is off topic, then your post is consistent with the topic of this thread...ad infinitum...

I was just about to mention it. It started from yesterday, I'd been browsing dA and thought it was related to that but since I haven't been on it today and for you mentioning it I don't think so now, however, I do think it's something to do with this new Forum Chat as the slow speed started when I saw this been advertised. Plus, the Chat is in beta so it could be side-affect.

EDIT: by the way Yata, love the new avatar, very nice.

Argh... I only pushed the button once...

As for the forum, it may be the chat, but AoW and other forums I post on were working fine. I think it was server 12 having issues.

And thanks, I like my new avatar much better than the old one :wink:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]