The <off topic> thread

No, stick with me. In PHP, you code an upload script allowing you to bring your own images into the equation. Then you modify the JS to dynamically load the sprites when the game is loaded.

Wouldn't that force you to perform database operations every millisecond? :? AFAIK there is no way in PHP to store multi-instance variables in RAM.

KaHuc.png

Wouldn't that force you to perform database operations every millisecond? :? AFAIK there is no way in PHP to store multi-instance variables.

I think he means grabbing the sprite set dynamically based upon the variable on load. Since the thing uses Javascript, there is no way to actually race against another person, but he could race against my awesome, customized sprite.

...then I can beat CMD. And prove it.

We need to set up an Armagetron match some time. ;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

...then I can beat CMD. And prove it.

We need to set up an Armagetron match some time. ;)

Definitively.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Indubitably. (goes off and Google's Armagetron)

Oh, it's BRILLIANT. http://www.armagetronad.net/

A Tron lightcycle game. Absolutely brilliant.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

You're supposed to wreck your opponents into the wall that appears behind you as you drive.

It's based on this scene from the movie:

Hey, what's rubbing against the walls supposed to do? My "rubber" or something goes up when I do. :P

That's mostly for online matches, to account for lag.

Wow! I can't help but laugh at Fred Goodwin after his house was vandalised. Then again, it doesn't matter - after all, he gets £600,000 a year from the taxpayer so he should be able to pay for dames. Whilst I don't encourage such attacks, I must admit, he had it coming. :lol:

The interesting bit is the group who carried out this attack say this is "just the beginning". Who knows what will happen next :?: :wink:

http://www.onlive.com/

Sounds like an interesting idea. I don't think we're ready yet. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I do think I'd have more faith in their "zero-lag" concept if their website didn't lag... :-P

Well considering this is off-topic, somehow I got put into the 400m for my new track team, I NEVER RUN THE 400! I run the 200-100 combo, with a 4x100m. My coach must be crazy.

That happened to me to. I made the mistake of doing well, so I was stuck in that and the 4x4 relay forever.

I know! I did well in it, but I'm out best 200m and 100m runner too and I like those races better.

Yeah, I'm definitely a sprinter, and 400m is a bit too hard for me to sprint. I used to run a ~12 sec 100m, probably not now though.