The <off topic> thread

Hmmm...

Well, I'm back on my main PC now, and everything is fine.

Before I was posting from the laptop, so I'll try deleting the files from there when I get a chance.

Thanks people.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

My laptop only used 15 percent of it's battery last class period. Since my classes are an hour long, that means it used 15% in one hour. At that rate, my computer could last for more than 6 hours! All that in a high powered gamer laptop too.

This is JAVASCRIPT. :shock:

http://www.nihilogic.dk/labs/mariokart/

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Okay, so out of the 18 "real" smilies (faces), we have established that 7 are fundamentally wrong? A 2/3 success rate is probably not the best, but we live and learn, so maybe someone will hear our cries and change the smilies back as a default, not using Simon's script.

Sounds like Battlestar Galactica.

"There are 12 cyclon models ... 7 are known, 4 live in secret, 1 will be revealed ..."

Maybe the new smilies are evil :(

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Okay, so out of the 18 "real" smilies (faces), we have established that 7 are fundamentally wrong? A 2/3 success rate is probably not the best, but we live and learn, so maybe someone will hear our cries and change the smilies back as a default, not using Simon's script.

Sounds like Battlestar Galactica.

"There are 12 cyclon models ... 7 are known, 4 live in secret, 1 will be revealed ..."

Maybe the new smilies are evil :(

Ahh! It's true! One has revealed themselves! :twisted: AHHHH!!!

Changed the text in the signature yay!

PDN gallery!

My laptop only used 15 percent of it's battery last class period. Since my classes are an hour long, that means it used 15% in one hour. At that rate, my computer could last for more than 6 hours! All that in a high powered gamer laptop too.

I would kill for a laptop that could last that long on its battery. My laptop doesnt even manage an hour when its doing nothing; when i use PDN or something, it barely scrapes 30 mins.. :(

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Both laptops I've owned have rapidly descended into the ten minute realm of battery life. :-(

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Me, too. And my current one is usually pretty much good enough for that.

This is JAVASCRIPT. :shock:

http://www.nihilogic.dk/labs/mariokart/

Awesome.

Yep, they're using the Canvas HTML element (Wiki this). I've never used it, but I've heard of something else pretty cool recently that's completely based on Canvas: Bespin.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Yep, they're using the Canvas HTML element (Wiki this).

I thought it was that at first, but when I searched the source code for

Check out the page in-browser with something like Firebug:

canvas.png

They're adding it with the mariokart.min.js script. Search that for "canvas", and you'll find:

var S=document.createElement("canvas");

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Know what would be REALLY awesome?

Adding in some PHP.

No, stick with me. In PHP, you code an upload script allowing you to bring your own images into the equation. Then you modify the JS to dynamically load the sprites when the game is loaded.

Imagine- I can race CMD! Awesome.

Then you add in some functionality allowing you to save and submit best times...then I can beat CMD. And prove it.

And all of it done without once opening Flash.