The <off topic> thread

So is this an excuse to up our posts? If so . . . nice.

But silliness aside ( :wink: ) , I just downloaded GIMP to see what the hype was about. It's alright, it's very different and has a lot of new things, but it is dreadfully slow, and the user interface is a little . . . difficult. Overall, i think PDN is much better, but it's a little early to say that I guess. Time to art it up!

Anyone else got GIMP?

----------------. . . Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse . . .----------------

shinymount.png

---------------------. . . I'm a guy of simple tastes . . .----------------------

-------------------.:My Forever Maturing Gallery:.--------------------

I agree, PDN has a way better UI, i tried to simplify GIMP's one but it just doesn't want to improve, everything seems to be connected. But there are some good effects and tools.

I think I'm gonna stick with PDN for a bit longer . . . or forever.

----------------. . . Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse . . .----------------

shinymount.png

---------------------. . . I'm a guy of simple tastes . . .----------------------

-------------------.:My Forever Maturing Gallery:.--------------------

I've said it before, but PDN really has it's user interface absolutely perfect, everything is where you'd expect it to be, and everything seems simple and easy the learn and use.

Anyway, to something more off-topic, I finally got my haircut. Woo. Wow, that is one boring fact.

*sigh* I HAVE to remember to start locking this thread on the hundreds...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

No, I don't think you understand. :-P After the last post on page 1499, I need to lock it, post an entire page that mentions NOTHING about it being page 1500, and then unlock it as if nothing happened. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

when am I going to be able to lock threads? oh yes I nearly forgot that's a mods job and I'm not supposed to ask to be a mod.

:wink:

Won't stop me. So, pretty please David? :)

banzored.jpg