And then he whistled for a baboon!

You're just pants-on-head retarded. :-P

Too bad we can't post links to any ZP videos on this forum. They're hilarious. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm posting from my PSP. :P

I guess it all depends on your style: if you're into core portable gaming, then I'd go PSP, but if you're into casual or homebrew gaming, the AppStore is positively bursting with content.

The iPod Touch has a better browser, as well as better music features, but the PSP was designed to be primarily a gaming platform with extras. As such, they're not exactly interchangable, but there is a degree of crossover.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I saw I am Legend too and I was more surprised to find the dog was female than to find it was going to die. Come on, a man and a dog, stuck in a city packed to the brim with zombie-vampire diseased things, with LIONS on top of that? At least one of the two was going to die during (not at the end of) the movie. And it couldn't be Will Smith who could die, but I thought now forget it, yo home to Bel-air. I pulled up to a house about seven or eight, and I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later, looked at my kingdom I was finally there - to settle my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.

I'm posting from my PSP. :P

I guess it all depends on your style: if you're into core portable gaming, then I'd go PSP, but if you're into casual or homebrew gaming, the AppStore is positively bursting with content.

The iPod Touch has a better browser, as well as better music features, but the PSP was designed to be primarily a gaming platform with extras. As such, they're not exactly interchangable, but there is a degree of crossover.

I do believe the new PSP's are Skype equipped (or capable), so to a certain degree they are interchangeable.

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

He's talking iPod Touch, not a full-on iPhone. ;)

I know, I almost pointed out the additional monthly fee myself. >_>

But yes, the PSP has Skype. If you get the PSP3000 model, it has a built-in mic for it, but a worse screen according to most people. I have never seen a PSP3000 screen first-hand, but the add-on mic is only $30, and there's no way I'm trading in my 2000.

But yeah, mainly what I mean is the iPod Touch does a lot of things right - the mobile Safari browser is indescribably better than whatever the PSP has. I've made stuff for the PSP browser and it handles it great, but trying to access "real" websites - especially ones with Flash ads - can be an arduous process. Also, the music management - something the iPod is directly built for - is pretty bare-bones on the PSP. You can organize your music into folders and the PSP will allow you to navigate the file system accordingly, but from what I've noticed, it will only recognize one level of folders. So, the way I usually organize my music - MUSIC > Project86 > ...And the Rest Will Follow > Cavity_King.mp3 - won't work, as it will read the Project86 folder and find no media in it.

Now, it may be possible that firmware updates will change this in the future. That's one of the things I really admire about the PSP is how much it's evolved over the years, just through updates to the firmware.

The PSP is primarily a gaming system. It does other stuff too - I just used it to watch an episode of Mythbusters I purchased from the Playstation Store earlier this morning - but it does gaming best.

The iPod Touch is primarily a media player. It does other stuff too - I've helped an iPhone-owning friend of mine match differences in an electronic version of the classic photo game, cruised around deserts in Cro-Mag Rally, and heard endless tales of addictive micro-games - but it does media delivery best.

So there is a degree of crossover - both can play MP3s and M4Vs, both can play games - but each one does one of them better than the other. If you're looking for a gaming system that can play music and movies, the PSP is the way. If you're looking for a music and movie player that has games for it, the iPod Touch/iPhone is a good fit.

Not that I would ever condone owning an Apple product, of course. ;)

~ Becoming the Archetype

I saw I am Legend too and I was more surprised to find the dog was female than to find it was going to die. Come on, a man and a dog, stuck in a city packed to the brim with zombie-vampire diseased things, with LIONS on top of that? At least one of the two was going to die during (not at the end of) the movie. And it couldn't be Will Smith who could die, but I thought now forget it, yo home to Bel-air. I pulled up to a house about seven or eight, and I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later, looked at my kingdom I was finally there - to settle my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.

In west Philadelphia born and raised

On the playground was where I spent most of my days

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school

When a couple of guys

Who were up to no good

Startin making trouble in my neighborhood

:P

So I got a new laptop, its an HP Pavilion dv7z, and its a custom laptop from their HP online shop. Here are its specs.

untitl10.png

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

Processor AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-82, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)

It's got A 17" widescreen monitor at 1440x900, Im not sure whether that is 16:9 or 16:10. (please help)

Also has HD speakers that can get to a really loud volume :D (I mean really loud!)

And it has various card readers and stuff, one thing i like is the HDMI port so that i can plug my laptop in to my HDTV. :D

Various Card readers and stuff>SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD

VGA port.

eSata port for a hard drive

Modem and ethernet.

Express Card Slot.

Expansion port 3

Connects the computer to an optional docking device or an optional expansion product.

Sweet looking design.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/skins/HPShopping ... 9556_popup

Edit: Its got a webcam too. With some awesome software.

sig12.png

My to be Gamertag for Xbox 360: RaDJ038v2

Currently it is: RacingDJ0388

Forget the gamertag change. Its fine.

rba.png

The best thing about being born and growing up in the 90s is probably the technology. No other generation has had it from an early age, and we're the only ones who really have an innate knowledge of how to use it. Apart from those enlightened Generation X'ers. And they are really very few and far between...

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

rba.png

The best thing about being born and growing up in the 90s is probably the technology. No other generation has had it from an early age, and we're the only ones who really have an innate knowledge of how to use it. Apart from those enlightened Generation X'ers. And they are really very few and far between...

Well, my chemistry teacher is more tech savvy then most people in our Year, and he's about to retire soon.

Why he is more tech savvy = He uses firefox. :)

Don't you mean Generation Y?

'94 for shore

Definitely. :P

retrofont.jpg

heh, I just saw Get Smart -

Maxwell Smart: I think it's only fair to warn you, this facility is surrounded by a highly trained team of 130 black op snipers.

Siegfried: I don't believe you.

Maxwell Smart: Would you believe two dozen Delta Force commandos?

Siegfried: No.

Maxwell Smart: How about Chuck Norris with a BB gun?

He's talking iPod Touch, not a full-on iPhone. ;)

I know, I almost pointed out the additional monthly fee myself. >_>

But yes, the PSP has Skype. If you get the PSP3000 model, it has a built-in mic for it, but a worse screen according to most people. I have never seen a PSP3000 screen first-hand, but the add-on mic is only $30, and there's no way I'm trading in my 2000.

But yeah, mainly what I mean is the iPod Touch does a lot of things right - the mobile Safari browser is indescribably better than whatever the PSP has. I've made stuff for the PSP browser and it handles it great, but trying to access "real" websites - especially ones with Flash ads - can be an arduous process. Also, the music management - something the iPod is directly built for - is pretty bare-bones on the PSP. You can organize your music into folders and the PSP will allow you to navigate the file system accordingly, but from what I've noticed, it will only recognize one level of folders. So, the way I usually organize my music - MUSIC > Project86 > ...And the Rest Will Follow > Cavity_King.mp3 - won't work, as it will read the Project86 folder and find no media in it.

Now, it may be possible that firmware updates will change this in the future. That's one of the things I really admire about the PSP is how much it's evolved over the years, just through updates to the firmware.

The PSP is primarily a gaming system. It does other stuff too - I just used it to watch an episode of Mythbusters I purchased from the Playstation Store earlier this morning - but it does gaming best.

The iPod Touch is primarily a media player. It does other stuff too - I've helped an iPhone-owning friend of mine match differences in an electronic version of the classic photo game, cruised around deserts in Cro-Mag Rally, and heard endless tales of addictive micro-games - but it does media delivery best.

So there is a degree of crossover - both can play MP3s and M4Vs, both can play games - but each one does one of them better than the other. If you're looking for a gaming system that can play music and movies, the PSP is the way. If you're looking for a music and movie player that has games for it, the iPod Touch/iPhone is a good fit.

Not that I would ever condone owning an Apple product, of course. ;)

Well then. iPod touch, here I come. :D

^ You'll regret it... :P

(I'm kidding, of course.)

I finally bought myself the two Syphon Filter games for PSP, and they arrived from Amazon earlier today. Excellent, excellent series. The music is great, the graphics are sharp and detailed, and the controls are absolutely brilliant. A textbook example of how a Third-Person Shooter can be crammed into the PSP's button layout, and fun games to boot.

However, the timing of this recent discussion strikes me as interesting: Just a few days ago, IGN Wireless wrote an article comparing the iPhone and the PSP. It was written from the view of the Wireless editor Levi Buchanan (henceforth referred to as "Mr. Idiot"), and as such is heavily biased toward the iPhone - just look at the subtitle, "Does the iPhone render the PSP obsolete?", and tell me there's even a snowball's chance in Hell he considers the PSP worthwhile* - but it at least attempts to cover a few of the issues regarding the iPhone (and to a lesser extent, the iPod Touch) as a viable gaming device.

As I see it, the iPhone/iPod Touch isn't really a gaming platform. It has games on it, but so does Firefox if I visit TeaGames.com to play some TG Motocross 3. Many of the games available on the AppStore are what you'd call "time-killers".

Most people don't make time in their schedules to sit down and play Bejeweled or the like, they play Bejeweled when they have some time to kill. I play online Flash games while I'm waiting for an FTP queue to finish, while I'm waiting for a video to buffer, while I'm waiting for a download to complete - when I'm waiting for something important. This is what many of the games available for the iPhone are - casual, mindless time-killers. There are a few that mimic popular games with aplomb - Tap Defense imitates the classic Tower Defense Flash game, similar to titles like the Pixel Junk series for the PSN - but you'd be hard-pressed to find anything as engaging as Crisis Core:FF7, anything as sharp as Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, or anything as smooth as WipEout Pulse.

The primary problem I have with the iPhone/iPod Touch is the control scheme - there are no buttons. Instead, Apple has a touch screen and an accelerometer-driven motion sensor - a transmogrification of the DS's gimmick and the PS3's gimmick - and developers need to come up with some way to force-fit their design around this control (or "fresh ways to control their games", according to Mr. Idiot). Some games use on-screen areas to simulate buttons, but that takes up screen real-estate. Some games use direct touch interaction, but it's only as accurate as your thumb is wide, and last time I checked, my fingers weren't transparent. I've played one of the tilt-controlled racers - Cro-Mag Rally - a few times, and while the attempt is admirable, it's no where near a match for a D-pad or an analog stick. Imagine trying to play Burnout Dominator with tilt-controls as hesitantly responsive as that...

So no, the iPhone does not render the PSP obsolete. Not even close. It does not replace the PSP as a gaming device, no more than the PSP renders the iPod obsolete because it too plays songs. It's a wholly different gaming experience, designed for a wholly different time and place, and I'm sick of people like Mr. Idiot here, with their heads stuck so far up Apple's rear-end that they can't see any other viewpoint.

Which leads me back to why I hate Apple. >_>

Note, Crimson, that I'm not in any way trying to insult you, or anyone with an iPhone/iPod Touch for that matter. You go with whichever experience appeals to you. Just don't think for a moment it's in any way a replacement for the PSP's gaming experience. ;)

* I wish I could point out every fallacy, overstatement, and instance of word-choice asininery from that banal and ridiculous author, but that is not for here. Maybe my blog - I haven't updated in a while anyway...

~ Becoming the Archetype

* I wish I could point out every fallacy, overstatement, and instance of word-choice asininery from that banal and ridiculous author, but that is not for here. Maybe my blog - I haven't updated in a while anyway...

Ahhhh. That was cathartic. :)

And I'm glad to have your support, Mike. Especially in defense of a Sony product. ;)

Edit: Unless, of course, that was just the lack of sleep talking. :P

~ Becoming the Archetype

I have a chance to wear my ushanka*: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -hold.html

To have a Russian-esque winter hat in Siberian-like weather is a perfect opportunity.

*Which came a few days after it being posted.

lets look at it this way.

Tomatoes.

way off topic, but this is the off topic thread, so that means this is on topic, but as this is the off topic thread, you are on topic, but if your on topic, it means your off topic, which means your actually on topic as this is the off topic thread....

*goes on for 10hrs.

...which means that this is off-toppsert*chikkkk* BOOM

:|

its confusing

but lets just say.

Carrots.