The <off topic> thread

Our English teacher has nothing to teach me anymore.

Our English teacher gave up on trying to teach my English set several months ago, and has degenerated into a machine capable only of spewing savage irony.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

2 Megapixel camera? That's lame.

It's a phone, not a camera. Considering that I don't actually own a digital camera, 2 Megapixels is two steps up, and 1600x1200 is plenty for now.

Decrying a phone that's actually quite good on the basis of one accessory feature? That's lame. :P

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody who celebrates Thanksgiving. ;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Rammstein is too addicting...

Supposely their songs are about nazi related stuff.. but I don't care, because I can't speak german.

I sincerely doubt that any of their songs are promoting Nazi ideals (how typical, to associate anything in German to Nazism), but they do have a lot of anti-American lyrics. Doesn't stop me from listening to them, though. :twisted:

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Supposely their songs are about nazi related stuff.. but I don't care, because I can't speak german.

I sincerely doubt that any of their songs are promoting Nazi ideals (how typical, to associate anything in German to Nazism), but they do have a lot of anti-American lyrics. Doesn't stop me from listening to them, though. :twisted:

I wasn't trying saying that since it's german it means it's about nazism. A good friend did a report on them and said something of the sort. I'm not going to stereotype them because their german.

2 Megapixel camera? That's lame.

It's a phone, not a camera. Considering that I don't actually own a digital camera, 2 Megapixels is two steps up, and 1600x1200 is plenty for now.

Decrying a phone that's actually quite good on the basis of one accessory feature? That's lame. :P

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody who celebrates Thanksgiving. ;)

I wasn't decrying it. I like that phone. I merely said that 2 Megapixel is quite low compared to some other models. Why put a camera so small in resolution? Not that it actually is so important.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. Even though it was yesterday.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

KS3 vs KS4. :D
Equivalent to American... what? I'm not familiar with English grade terms. :wink:
Key Stage 2 and 3 aren't 'grades' as such, rather levels of education than years of education. As a translation, KS2 would be Second Grade to Fifth Grade (7-11 years old), and KS3 would be Sixth Grade to Eighth Grade (11-14 years old).

-----

Our English teacher has nothing to teach me anymore.
Debatable, unless you don't mean teach you any more of the English language. If you are implying that then you haven't reached the point whereby nothing can be taught to you about English. English is so fluid and dynamic that even the strictest of grammarians and prescriptivists could (if they were willing to) learn more.

-----

Good man! You should try Ruoska if you like Rammstein.

-----

Greetings all!

I've been a little too busy as of late to dedicate my usual amount of time to the Forum, and for that I dearly apologise. College work, archaeology volunteer work, plus that 'life' lark has been preoccupying me. Not that I'm complaining much with the second of the three: digging and bone cleaning/cataloguing for the win!

Finally, I have a genuine Ushanka en route and somewhere in the postal service, which means I probably won't receive it until after the winter. The Ushanka-styled hat I have just wasn't enough for my liking: if you're going to got for it, go the whole hog. For all you anti-furists out there, no need to worry, it's only a synthetic fur hat - I don't have £32/$50 to waste.

Because, on the whole, mobile phone cameras aren't worth the glass in their lens. And that's always awful, too. In most cases, the sensor behind the lens has better refracting properties than the glass in the lens itself: most professional and semi-pro photographers know that the lenses are what's worth the money in an SLR system.

Myrddin! You're back! Back to the internets, from life's cruel claws... How was the real world?

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Maybe on your phone screen it is, but trust me, if you ever try to print one of those photos out or view them on a decent screen, the picture quality is pathetic compared to even a decent digicam, let alone a DSLR.

~John Lennon

I wasn't decrying it. I like that phone. I merely said that 2 Megapixel is quite low compared to some other models. Why put a camera so small in resolution? Not that it actually is so important.

Ah. You'll have to forgive me - It's my first phone, so I'm still a little defensive. ;)

Happy Black Friday, everyone. Here's to staying indoors! :roll:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Ah. You'll have to forgive me - It's my first phone, so I'm still a little defensive. ;)

Happy Black Friday, everyone. Here's to staying indoors! :roll:

Sounds good. ;)

Debatable, unless you don't mean teach you any more of the English language. If you are implying that then you haven't reached the point whereby nothing can be taught to you about English. English is so fluid and dynamic that even the strictest of grammarians and prescriptivists could (if they were willing to) learn more.

Pretty much, there's nothing else to do with the English Language. As for English Literature, judging by the amount of essays I'm going to get (I'm at GCSE stage now), there's lot to learn still :(

It's a very well-taken photo, but it's incredibly noisy and lacks contrast. It's not your fault, but the camera's. Emphasis Added

I just noticed that. Secret compliment? Thanks :)

E:

your sig can be simple, but then it must be good, like kemarus simple sigs for example...

These made my week :) Thanks.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|