The <off topic> thread

Whilst I am entirely against censorship under normal circumstances, and would fight against it, there are just some times when it sounds like a decent idea. Like Soulja Boy, for example, or misogynistic crud like that, or some other [c]rap I've heard shaking the tarmac from some boy racer chav's car. It should at least not get past quality control.

And, David, when have record labels been concerned about their images since the Big Four (EMI, Sony/BMG, UMG and Time Warner) emerged as the market leaders. I mean, look at DRM and their slaying of the CD and LP media - that's just criminal.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I disagree with censorship. I think he's perfectly free to spout such filth as much as he'd like. And I'll fight to the death for that right.

Very true, but what amazes me is that so many people actually likethat song... It's disturbing, especially since it proves how many people seem to be running on an IQ of 50 or lower, since that is required to like it.

Some people just like it to dance like a drunk kangaroo I guess.

Record companies want to make money, it is that simple. If they think it will sell they'll sign it, this is why we have Soulja boy...

Oh, & to the person who talked about the big 4, EMI was bought by Sony (I think) about a year ago.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

You simply cannot even call his music rap. Try 'pop rap' because he can never stand up to some of the greater rap legends, and I don't even like rap!

look, theres a saying

music is like candy, you throw the rappers away :)

well, soulja boy isnt that bad, the background music, the lyrics suck though

Is it just me or have the plug-in makers run out of inspiration?

Inspiration? No. Time? Yes. At least for me. Don't worry, it's now Thanksgiving break, and Winter break shortly thereafter. That means plenty of free time for programming. I already have a beta floating out there somewhere, though no-one has given me any feedback on it yet. How odd.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Hip - Hop is a perfectly good form of music, check out Jurassic 5 & The Roots, different & both Hip-Hop.

Well, I guess that there are good examples of all genres, but most of what gets through to the general public, mostly through the sadly mutilated radio stations, is complete bloody potato. If radio was still as good as it allegedly was in its heyday, then the public would have much wider perspectives on music, in all likelihood.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Inspiration? No. Time? Yes. At least for me. Don't worry, it's now Thanksgiving break, and Winter break shortly thereafter. That means plenty of free time for programming. I already have a beta floating out there somewhere, though no-one has given me any feedback on it yet. How odd.

I know you you don't/didn't have much free time, but I haven't seen much from Simon or Madjik lately.

Sorry m'lord, I will get to work quickly :cry:

:wink:

signature.png

Don't feel bad, no one ever looks at my beta builds either!

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game