The <off topic> thread

I had the weirdest dream the other night. It's like I got pulled into the computer and I was a part of the Internet or something. During the dream, there was a 'security breach' in the PDN forums and it was getting invaded by dem Hannah Montana lyrics. *shudders*

Lacoste_Sculpture_Signature_by_drargor.png

Well, I can honestly say I don't know a single Hannah Montana lyric, so I'm safe. :P

Meanwhile, I'm trapped in my own interminable nightmare - I'm revisiting and reworking an old site design for Technolografik that never really saw any use because I've grown unhappy with a few problems I'm seeing going forward with my current "Flex" design. I've still yet to put content in it and make it work, but I've changed the design three times already... >_>

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Well, I can honestly say I don't know a single Hannah Montana lyric, so I'm safe. :P

yes you do. you just dont realise it. whenever you say "double" or "as" or "I" or anything like that... you know another lyric.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) is creepy. Her father, doubly so.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/im ... a5b2c1.bmp

*shudder* That's just weird.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

no >.>

whats so bad about him, i only like soulja boy cos nigahiga make parodies, and crank Dat is one of em

Crank Dat is a pile of musical excrement. It takes nearly no skill/knowledge to make a song like that. Yes, I know, it's fun to dance to, but musically, thumbs down all the way. People like him make a mockery of rap that was about life and problems. That's what's bad about Soulja Boi.

Besides, do you know what those lyrics mean? I'm sorry, but I can't support anyone whose lyrics advocate that.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

In other news, Soulja Boy is now statistically the song that you are most likely to hear oozing out of some chav's tinny Sony Walkman phone speaker before the aforementioned hooded lout shanks you well deep innit.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I know, it's completely misogynistic. It's a wonder how that aberration was even deemed fit for publishing: there must be some quality control in EMI/Sony BMG. I'm not normally against censorship, but there are just some cases...

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I disagree with censorship. I think he's perfectly free to spout such filth as much as he'd like. And I'll fight to the death for that right.

As for Sony/BMG, though...:-P I'd like to see them exercise some quality control, as you mentioned. Soulja Boy should never have been signed. I think they're doing their image a real disservice. I mean, Frank Sinatra was signed to Sony/BMG (Columbia Records). Such a classy guy, musically. And then they had to go and release that poor excuse for a frisbee...

I disagree with censorship. I think he's perfectly free to spout such filth as much as he'd like. And I'll fight to the death for that right.

Very true, but what amazes me is that so many people actually likethat song... It's disturbing, especially since it proves how many people seem to be running on an IQ of 50 or lower, since that is required to like it.