The <off topic> thread

Anyone here celebrate Guy Fawkes day?

I watched V for Vendetta...

There's some movie coming out. Can't remember what it's about, or why I want to see it. Something to do with numbers... and... guns?

Is it perhaps 007 - Quantum of Solace?

Nahh, it was something else...

EDIT: 5678.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

There's some movie coming out. Can't remember what it's about, or why I want to see it. Something to do with numbers... and... guns?
Is it perhaps 007 - Quantum of Solace?
Nahh, it was something else...

EDIT: 5678.

Fascinating coincidence, though, you have to admit...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Indeed. How odd.

The next person that says "President Obama" -- or otherwise suggests that he is the president -- is going to get his/her head blown off. He is not the president yet. Y'all still get to wait a while. Over 2 months.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Tell that to Simon's signature...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Last I heard.

Simon: The election process in the United States is a bit bizarre. Elections happen in November, but the elected officials don't take office until January 20. Barack Obama isn't our president yet; he's our president-elect. Our president is still George W. Bush. At least until 1/20/09- Inauguration Day.

(EDIT: Fixed the time warp.)

Hiya everyone. I'm back from my weeks of idle-ness.

I've been working on a website, but dunno how to start. I don't want to ask because I know that's against the rules. But if anyone care to share some tips then just PM me. I'm working on a gaming-type website with a huge gfx branch.

So just let me know..

About the whole obama issue: McCain would have been a better pick. The bandwagon thats all over obama just isn't cool. The attitude is ridiculous from the the obama fans.

The attitude is ridiculous from the the obama fans.

Don't even get me STARTED. He's just a person, people. He can't walk on water, and touching his hand won't cure cancer.

Obamaniacs have always somewhat upset me. But that's just me. :-)

He's just a man. A damn'd good speaker of a man, but still a man. Who did seem to have a better campaign, which didn't use racial slurring as a method of gathering votes, but that's by the by.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

David.

Thinking about my post, I think aggressive under pressure is probably the best way to put it. When Obama started getting a lead on her & McCain she resorted to petty arguments to try & win back the vote. If something similar to 9/11 happens again (I hope it doesn't I'm just hypothesizing), then I would much rather have someone that doesn't send thousands of troops into 15 different countries 2 hours after they hear about it. It makes much more sense to wait & consider things for a decent amount of time.

Who sent thousands of troops into 15 countries two hours after they heard about it?

I think that was a hyperbolic example.

Hadn't it been for Bush, McCain would have voted. I don't like Obama that much, but McCain (and Sarah Palin D:) sound like even worse of a choice.

IMO, Obama won because he's half Kenyan. You can't beat a Kenyan in a race. Look, you take a plane to San Francisco, I'll hop on a Kenyan and beat you there, even if you live in San Francisco.

None of the stereotypes above are true.

At least until 1/20/08- Inauguration Day.

David, do you mean the 20th of January 2008? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Obama is going to be sworn in in 2009, unless I'm living under a rock or you have some very odd things happening over the Atlantic. ;)

@ Peter Pawn:

I was giving an example, I never said anyone had sent thousands of troops into 15 countries, although I think that happened in World War 2, but that's by the by.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

At least until 1/20/08- Inauguration Day.

David, do you mean the 20th of January 2008? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Obama is going to be sworn in in 2009, unless I'm living under a rock or you have some very odd things happening over the Atlantic. ;)

I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. He will be sworn in a year ago in two months. :-P

(fixed)

Gah, no kidding. I still maintain that he can't walk on water...

"No thanks, I already have a Messiah..."

Obama won because he's half Kenyan.

No, he's not. He's like 6% Kenyan. Upon further research, this can't be correlated very well. I'll wait till I find more sources.

His dad was born in Kenya, from what I hear...

We should make him walk on water, if you know what I mean ;)

Okay. YOU can deal with the men with earpieces and suits. :-)