The <off topic> thread

For part of my homework I must write a biography on a member of my family or friends. Well, no luck with family. they won't let me do one on them. And, well, I have no friends in England that I can meet face to face. Next option? I was wondering whether I could do a biography on a member of this forum/ex-member (although I can only think of one person who falls into the latter category that I can contact). So, if anyone would like to be wrritten about, please PM me.

I've always hated that type of homework -I always found it a bit too.. revealing. Why should I interview a member of my family, biographise them for anyone to read about their lives. It feels like an invasion of privacy when teachers set homework like this where you have to reveal so much about yourself or a close member of your family.

Maybe I'm just becoming too paranoid. :roll:

Anyway, it's nice to see you again Rubrica. :D

Yeah, it's good to see you. Hey, have you thought about making it up, this biography? Talk about your friend Kevin, who has been herding wildebeest on the steppes of Uzbekistan since the tender age of 76.

Or something like that.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Well, we are allowed to make bits up, if the person is quite young... Hey, mind if I make up some bits about you? ust the odd evil tryant, explosion, spy agency, that sort of thing. :D

Now that would be a best seller - a Bobofthedead biography! :lol:

Hey, I'm not an evil tyrant who causes explosions! I'm far more subtle and insidious than that. Lasers and propaganda are where all the dictators are at today. *shifts eyes*

Now I'll have to kill you both. Minions, bring them to my lair!

Write whatever you want about me... And if it does get into the bestsellers list, so much the better!

:mrgreen:

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Well, we are allowed to make bits up, if the person is quite young... Hey, mind if I make up some bits about you? ust the odd evil tryant, explosion, spy agency, that sort of thing. :D

Now that would be a best seller - a Bobofthedead biography! :lol:

Well, it'd be better than a vista? biography :)

Yeah, what's been happening is we've got more members since you've left, but they're the sort who disappear after their 100th post celebration.

I'm 47th on the spam list! 8)

~John Lennon

;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I don't think being top of the leaderboard for posts on here is something that David cares about particularly...

QFT. I actually find it more than a little sad that I've hit the top. Maybe I need to take another long break. :-)

As I've said before, I'd like post count to be eliminated. But then again, they do serve some purpose...

You dream, Atwell. Like you could stop posting thereby losing your prime spot ;).

Ahh, yes! You've seen through my cunning plan! I MUST stay on top! :-P :twisted:

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.