Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

I often wonder about the excessive use of dark dark almost black in all the sigs. Is this a sad commentary on the emotional scale where our paint.net users are at? or is it just a trend? or do I need to go to the eye doctors once again?

ciao

True, oma. A trend is how I would describe it. Some go as far as to say "Black is the new White".

I would sincerely hope that it doesn't express the emotional (or even spiritual) state of the artists in this community. Black has many grand and beautiful uses, which is how it should be used.

The whole spectrum of light and color is wondrous, and each hue and shade should be used and enjoyed appropriately. But as of now, the darker shades seem to be going through a stage of higher appreciation. ;)

Here, I shall offer a small bit of consolation: the next work I make shall be light, bright, and colorful—for your enjoyment, and mine. :)

#000000 is the new black!

I thought it was #000.

It is the very same thing. #000 is just a shortened version of the six digited original, which is obviously less usable.

Black? My sig is NOT black. Okay, fine, the words are. But other than that, it's about as far away from black as you can get!

you'll get used to it in a week...

I never got used to it... I can use it fairly decently (read: can make simple shapes and texture them and render), but Maya just feels so much more natural to me.

Well, i've been on holiday for about 2 weeks in Orlando and it was great!! :D

We went theme parks/water parks almost every day, and the weather wasn't too bad either. Well, the holiday has given me some inspiration, and i've decided to create my own roller-coaster in PDN. :)

I wrote this from Google Chrome, and its pretty neat. So, while i've been away, anything i've missed? I've noticed that PDN is now on v3.36, so anything apart from that, plugins etc. ?

I wrote this from Google Chrome, and its pretty neat. So, while i've been away, anything i've missed? I've noticed that PDN is now on v3.36, so anything apart from that, plugins etc. ?

You'll need to update lots of plugins... like mine.

Unfunny Joke #1:

Q: What does a bar/pub owner vote in the US 2008 Elections?

A: Republicans **cue rimshot**

Unfunny Joke #2:

Q: Where should you go if you want your computer to get hacked?

A: Hackney, UK **cue rimshot**

Unfunny Joke #3:

Q: What does the astronomer achieve in his astronomy exam?

A: A * **cue rimshot**

:lol::lol:

After the watching the first two episodes of Series Season 4 of Prison Break, I'm now so excited, I can't wait!!!! :mrgreen:

Unprintables

Those aren't jokes...you know that, right?

Wikipedia[/url]":ly480xwm]A joke is a short story or ironic depiction of a situation communicated with the intent of being humorous.

"Unfunny" things are, by definition, not jokes.