Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

You win Simon.

You have 10 points

These points do not represent a monetary value, and cannot be traded in for any form of currency.:D

im not a fan of mgs but people said it was good and a man who worked at game convinced me to get it so i got it yesterday.........

best game ever!

i was on it almost all of yester day and most of today! :D

Which MGS?

Portable Ops was the one that got me into the series. I'd never been a fan of Metal Gear Solid because of the fanboys - They'd always come over and spam the Splinter Cell boards because, obviously, only one stealth video game series could exist at one time.

But I needed a new third-person shooter for the PSP, and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops fit the bill and was only $20, so I picked it up. Much to my surprise, I loved it. I know many denounce it as clunky because of the PSPs lack of buttons, but come on - for the hardware it's running on, MGS:PO is a masterpiece.

So I went back and got as much of the series as I could. MGS the PSone original and MGS2 for the PS2 were both $200 a piece at the time to get them new, but one week later Konami announced the Essential Collection - MGS1, 2, and 3 for $30. If you get the chance (and have a console that can play both PSone and PS2 games), I'd highly suggest picking it up. Best deal evar, even without the MGS3 Persistence bonus disc.

I've just launched my new website about things found in books, and I'd like your feedback about the logo, general design and features.

That's a really cool idea! The website looks okay, and the logo is great, but you could improve it by making it more organized, capitalizing words (sorry, that's the ol' OCD kicking in :D ), and you could have a separate page for all of the pictures, instead of an endless scroll to see all of them. Just my input, hope it's useful.

I've just launched my new website about things found in books, and I'd like your feedback about the logo, general design and features.
Hello again user24. There's a topic for this kind of thing, where you can submit your website and have the users here have a gander and leave comments on their opinions of your website. Some pretty good advice has come from that place: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=24557

EDIT: Ah, as livewrong811 just has.

Okay, it's going to mean you have to re-post again.

-----

vista?: 'Opera Web Stands Curriculum...'? ;)

vista?: 'Opera Web Stands Curriculum...'? ;)

There must have been a gap in time stretching 3 letters long causing it to appear as Stands instead of Standards but it seems as if someone has fixed this problem. :roll: :wink: joke>

And another one:

Q: What do you call a mad cyclist?

A: A cycle-path

joke> :lol:

Incredible. I thought you were long gone, user24! 'Tis jolly grand to hear from you again.

Anyway, your site is based on a rather intriguing concept. I do agree with livewrong somewhat... while very cool, the expanding list of objects found in books seems a tad out of place on the home page as a single row that goes on into scrolling infinity.

I would suggest keeping the recent finds on the index page, but limiting it to six or so finds. Then, have a separate page containing the awesome list in five or more columns - a full gallery, as it were. Merely a suggestion.

If you so desire, if/when you post again in the W. D. Discussion thread, I shall gander a more in-depth review and see what I can do to help. :)

Edit: One "to" was meant to be a "do". (Other than the initial apperance of bad grammar, that was almost lyrical....)

thanks for the kind comments and feedback, everyone. Though I've been away, I've still been using and recommending pdn to everyone I know :D I've been getting more into photography than CG stuff lately.

I would suggest keeping the recent finds on the index page, but limiting it to six or so finds.

Originally I was going to have the most recent thing displayed on the homepage, then I chickened out and just went with text, but that's a good idea - I will do that - thanks Helio and livewrong.

Also, if Jon who uploaded that Bible note was from this forum- THANKYOU. You're actually the first stranger to have added something :mrgreen:

re: adding (yet) another post... I don't think I'll push my luck with the mods - maybe later :)

New signature for me... Off to the "Rate the signature of the person above you" thread. 500th post sig coming soon, too...

Edit: New 5-minute avatar, too. I am now the king of mismatched sig-av sets! Bwa hah hah! :twisted:

thanks for the kind comments and feedback, everyone. Though I've been away, I've still been using and recommending pdn to everyone I know :D I've been getting more into photography than CG stuff lately.

Neat-o! Glad you're still taking PDN for a spin.

Also, if Jon who uploaded that Bible note was from this forum- THANKYOU. You're actually the first stranger to have added something :mrgreen:

Wait... then all the rest of them... are yours? :shock:

No wonder you started a website on it...

D'you go to old bookstores frequently? There sure can be loads of hidden treasure in them...

Wait... then all the rest of them... are yours? :shock:

heh :oops: well, we have a lot of books.....

actually, we don't. We have about... 200 books I guess? so, around 1 in 4 have something in them.

yeah, second hand bookshops are great for finding things.

I've altered the homepage to display the four highest rated things. I'll add a "view more popular things" link soon.

it's not quite perfect, as it isn't calculating the number of ratings properly, but the ratings themselves are correct.

This page is the start of a series of pages on reasonablyclever.com that show photos and a guided tour of the "Serenity" constructed entirely of legos. :D I've never seen the show, but the guy that built this has some serious talent.

For the next five weeks, I will be undertaking a voluntary service on the archaeological project at Brodsworth, Doncaster. It's being run by both the universities of Sheffield and Hull, in some large, cooperative venture to dig deeper into the Romano-British to medieval timeline and landscape of the local area. I was very lucky enough a few weeks back to be invited along, so it would be somewhat a moronic thing to pass the opportunity to involve myself in what could be my possible, future occupation. At least, future study.

During these next five weeks, I won't be around as much, mayhap two or three times a week. This does mean I won't reply to PMs or requests concerning myself as quickly as I normally would.

I bid you all merry happiness.

Well, I got Cinema 4D this morning. At first, when I opened it up and tried it out I went :shock:

But now that I have worked through a few tutorials, I am making some pretty cool abstracts with it. Right now I am rendering a huge glass abstract that I have been working on. I guess once you learn what each setting does and all of the options tied to it things just become instantly easy. I will have to show some results of later ;)

For the next five weeks, I will be undertaking a voluntary service on the archaeological project at Brodsworth, Doncaster. [...]

This is interesting news. Sounds like it might be quite fascinating, really.

I'm sure we all wish you good fortune in your new venture, Myrddin. :)