Take it back.

NEVAR! :P

Tell you what:

If your browser renders this page properly, you're alright with me. ;)

If you're browser doesn't, then let that be a lesson in why Internet Explorer is bad.

I spent last night making that design. I had this great idea, the design came together exactly as I'd imagined it in my head, and I was ecstatic! Then I tried it in IE. I didn't expect it to look right, but I didn't expect it to be completely broken. Guess which one it was! IE7 renders each nested element offset by 50% relative to its parent element. In IE6, I have no idea what's going on - it's just un-lookable.

But you know what? It's 100% valid XHTML, styled with valid CSS 2.1. It renders properly in every modern major browser I tested, including Firefox, Opera, and Safari (not Safari 2, for some unknown reason, but that one's old anyway <_<). It renders fine in Flock, Galeon, and Iceweasel, and I bet many people haven't even heard of those. Konqueror seems to have a PNG transparency cutoff, instead of full 32bit transparency support, or it would look just fine in that browser too.

Now, I must take back some of my earlier criticism of IE8, as it seems the have made huge leaps forward in the areas tested by this design - for all the ridiculous brokenness of IE6 and IE7, IE8 actually renders the page properly. Until IE8 comes out, though, I still cannot condone the use of IE.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Take it back.

Tell you what:

If you're browser doesn't, then let that be a lesson in why Internet Explorer is bad.

Haha, nice design CMD.

I can't run IE7 on my computer after I installed it anyway. It wont stay open long enough for a page to load.

Anyway, nice job.

[...] If your browser renders this page properly, you're alright with me. ;) [...]

Moldy Gorgonzola, Batman! :shock: Wha...what am I to say?

I guess the contact page sums it up fairly well...

"you too can converse with greatness"

---

Edit: I actually had a surprisingly positive experience with IE this week. I had a quick job to finish, and was happily designing away in Firefox, knowing that sooner or later I would have to face the truth and test it in Internet Explorer. When I did, of course, it was messed up. But not terribly; and with a bit of tweaking and a few margin: 0's, only a few of the elements were off by a pixel or two. I was stunned, especially considering some of the things I was asking it to do.

IE6, however, didn't exactly get it right. <_<

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Thanks you two. ;)

Actually, I was able to figure out what IE7 didn't like about it, so it now displays semi-properly in IE7 - it still doesn't seem to support the text-transform:lowercase; applied to the links, but at least it's not broken.

IE6 still sucks, though. I had to make a special, fixed-height version of the stylesheet to compensate.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I should be at school now but no, it's closed today! :D

You still have school?

I've been out since Thursday, and it's almost July!

5 More days until Cairo Shell!!!!

School year finishes in July so only a few weeks to go now!

• choose the file location on a download to download basis
    [*:2qgc2otu]SOLUTION: Tools > Options. Under the Main tab, tick "Always ask me where to save files". Further, you can download the FavLoc add-on, which allows you to set a drop-down of folders which will appear in save dialog for locations you use often.

Or you can simply right-click -> save link as.

KaHuc.png
Take it back.

Tell you what:

I spent last night making that design. I had this great idea, the design came together exactly as I'd imagined it in my head, and I was ecstatic! Then I tried it in IE. I didn't expect it to look right, but I didn't expect it to be completely broken. Guess which one it was! IE7 renders each nested element offset by 50% relative to its parent element. In IE6, I have no idea what's going on - it's just un-lookable.

But you know what? It's 100% valid XHTML, styled with valid CSS 2.1. It renders properly in every modern major browser I tested, including Firefox, Opera, and Safari (not Safari 2, for some unknown reason, but that one's old anyway <_<). It renders fine in Flock, Galeon, and Iceweasel, and I bet many people haven't even heard of those. Konqueror seems to have a PNG transparency cutoff, instead of full 32bit transparency support, or it would look just fine in that browser too.

Now, I must take back some of my earlier criticism of IE8, as it seems the have made huge leaps forward in the areas tested by this design - for all the ridiculous brokenness of IE6 and IE7, IE8 actually renders the page properly. Until IE8 comes out, though, I still cannot condone the use of IE.

Oh. My. Goodness. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I thought CD's died ages ago

I still buy all my music on CD. I can rip it at whatever quality I wish, without copy protection, and still have the physical media should my hard disk ever spontaneously combust. Plus, I like having the insert artwork. ;)

~ Becoming the Archetype

On the topic of Browsers, this helps sum up the argument:

10f2ouw.jpg

On the topic of CDs, well put CMD. I have an extensive collection of CDs as well as tapes and vinyls. I really miss the old vinyls as they allowed for further artistic expression. I personally hang LP artwork on my wall.

This article covers it quite well.

edit: To further my point, how are you going to get a working zipper on a picture of Mick Jagger's jeans that reveals him in his tighty-whities on a CD cover? It can't be done. But it can be done on their Sticky Fingers LP:

rolling-stones-sticky-fingers-zipper.jpg

On the topic of Browsers, this helps sum up the argument:

10f2ouw.jpg

heh. :lol:

On a side note, I appear to have gone slightly insane from watching too many Batman videos.

Just slightly

>.>

<.<

*goes off to watch more batman videos*

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...