Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

Oh the beauty ... I sense a refresh of the screenshot on the main page (getpaint.net) :)

This is brand new BMW M5, just for those who don't already know :) It costs about $90,000 USD ... !

The photo is unaltered except that I resized it to 50%.

I usually prefer Mercedes but this Audi is tehshiznit!

The new Audi R8:

audi_r8.jpg

Some wicked old playboy in our golf and country club bought one...this guy is 76!!!! What the hell does he want with 550 HP >_>

i have just jailbreaked my ipod touch, its pretty nice ;)

ive been thinking of doing that for a while and i probably will once ive got a playstation network account :D

edit: ive just realised darkshock's back :D

It's raining outside for me... It's been torrential downpours and lots of thunder for the whole day, and some spotty downpours the last few days. No lightning, though.

That Sucks......It's been cloudy for the last few days.

But in other news........ I converted someone from Photoshop to PDN today!!!

*Raises fist in the air*

Either you're very persuasive, or the person was too young/inexperienced to care that Photoshop was more powerful than PDN.

I'll second the second one.

Oh the beauty ... I sense a refresh of the screenshot on the main page (getpaint.net) :)

This is brand new BMW M5, just for those who don't already know :) It costs about $90,000 USD ... !

The photo is unaltered except that I resized it to 50%.

You just reminded me of the Lotus Exige I saw the other day. When painted silver, it resembles a "normal" supercar more than usual (I prefer orange). I'd say that the Exige is my favorite car at the moment, though the Tesla Roadster is certainly competing for that spot.

Today, I went through a nasty little bug in Songbird. I open Songbird to put a few new songs in, but the library is 90% gone. The songs are there, but there's no title, no album, artist name, no bitrate, no rating, nothing. However, you can still double click on the invisible title to play it, and the metadata of the mp3 loads a few seconds later.

Tragic yes, but it's fun to see if you can identify the song before the title appears :)

I converted someone from Photoshop to PDN today!!!

whats wrong with photoshop? i use pdn and gimp but im going to be using photoshop at school for photography

oh yeah because ive not been here (too busy playing cod4 on the ps3)

im telling you lots of random stuff now :D

well i got all my options that i wanted :D w00t

photography, geography and ict :D

ive completed cod4 and haze on the easiest modes :D

ive made about 3 ps3 themes and im planning more :D

and finaly: i hate my router! ive unpluged it now and im just going through the modem :( arr i really wanted to get online on my ps3 aswell :(

It seem like something I did on my Wii caused it to corrupt its 2GB SD card...... :( :evil:

All I want to do is reformat it and start over.... But no, looks like Windows is unable to do that. I know that the SD card is probably done for, but I could try right? :cry:

Photoshop isn't better it's just harder to learn. PdN is userfriendlier^^

I have never used Photoshop, however, I believe Potatochop is more powerful.

To put things in perspective, 80% of the things you see in Photoshop can be replicated somehow in Paint.NET, but if you're good with both PDN and PS' interface, heavily tweaking images will take longer in Paint.NET.

For example, this is what one would go through to make some quick metallic text on a blank canvas:

In Photoshop, you create a new image, take out the text tool, type "Hello World!" on the canvas, right-click > Blending Options on the text layer, put a check mark next to Gradient Overlay, and customize the gradient's properties to your liking. 1.5 minute, requires some knowledge of Photoshop's UI, result is nice and pretty.

In Paint.NET, you create a new layer, select the Text tool, type "Hello World!", duplicate layer, invert the color of the image, select the Gradient tool and set it to Transparency Mode, click and move the mouse from up to down, and adjust the colors further. 1 minute, you'll need to know about the Gradient tool's modes, and result is a little rougher (unless you want to go through Layer Masking which ends up a 4 minute job and Curves+ to sharpen the text's Alpha).

Well, my copy of CS2 arrived in the mail today (previously I owned a copy of CS1, and CS3 is too slow on my computer and too $$$). And I must say: I haven't used Photoshop since college, and I am a bit confundled: :?

ps1.png

Why Opera 9.5? That tranfer tab is sooooo annoying.

Yes, because a small popup window that does not allow you to download torrents, choose the file location on a download to download basis, or access regular Right Click options (Firefox) is waaaaaaay better than Opera's :roll:

Yes, because a small popup window that does not allow you to download torrents, choose the file location on a download to download basis, or access regular Right Click options (Firefox) is waaaaaaay better than Opera's :roll:

I can't refute the torrents remark, but for

• choose the file location on a download to download basis
    [*:9nnsjw5m]SOLUTION: Tools > Options. Under the Main tab, tick "Always ask me where to save files". Further, you can download the FavLoc add-on, which allows you to set a drop-down of folders which will appear in save dialog for locations you use often.

• access regular Right Click options
    [*:9nnsjw5m]SOLUTION: Well, really there is none. You were just grasping for a third comment to put in there - it's a separate, non-page dialog, it doesn't have to have regular right-click options.