Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfCNdlqVqZA&feature=related

I am such a dork that I find that hilarious. :lol:

since the banana phone song and the badger song are closely connected in my head ever since I saw he badgers doing the banana phone song, here is harry potter - badger version! :D

(original badger song can be found here)

an additional edit: Leonard Nimoy in a music video about Bilbo Baggins. You might not want to click. :twisted:

Well, today I went to Redwood City in California to do some game testing for EA games.

It was pretty awesome, and after we were done, we got to pick a free game!

So I went home with a brand new, shiny copy of Crysis! :P

Too bad my suckish laptop probably won't be able to handle it. :|

I might ask my parents for a new comp for graduation. :)

Well, today I went to Redwood City in California to do some game testing for EA games.

It was pretty awesome, and after we were done, we got to pick a free game!

So I went home with a brand new, shiny copy of Crysis! :P

Too bad my suckish laptop probably won't be able to handle it. :|

I might ask my parents for a new comp for graduation. :)

Building a PC that can handle Crysis is still on my list of things to do.

On another note, my first real paycheck arrives tomorrow. :D

A lot of PC's can handle Crysis. It depends on what settings you're using it. I have yet to see a benchmark where a GPU performs more then 30FPS on very high with any anti-aliasing. It's the leaves that do it... But I am determined that The next next NVidia gen (GTX280 is going to be horribly expensive) will tackle Crysis with no problems whatsoever, for a reasonable pricetag.

I got a copy of F.E.A.R. today. I'm looking forward to playing that one.

Fun trivia: F.E.A.R. is the only game that I was unable to play all the way through because of its scare level. Seriously BoltBait, I have seen every scary movie to date and F.E.A.R. is the only scary thing to make me scream ;)

I have played no computer games since Oblivion IV:Elder Scrolls.

Everyone was suprised it didn't crash my computer, considering i then was using a 55 gig hd with 512 ram (ive upgraded to 8o gigs since then.)

I got a copy of F.E.A.R. today. I'm looking forward to playing that one.

Fun trivia: F.E.A.R. is the only game that I was unable to play all the way through because of its scare level. Seriously BoltBait, I have seen every scary movie to date and F.E.A.R. is the only scary thing to make me scream ;)

Oh, C'mon!

I finished F.E.A.R...

lol

It was scary... but I was playing it at midnite..

Haha

It was a great game!

A lot of PC's can handle Crysis. It depends on what settings you're using it. I have yet to see a benchmark where a GPU performs more then 30FPS on very high with any anti-aliasing. It's the leaves that do it... But I am determined that The next next NVidia gen (GTX280 is going to be horribly expensive) will tackle Crysis with no problems whatsoever, for a reasonable pricetag.

It's not all about the video card. While it's great for the eye candy - it has to have a great processor to go with it. Now that'll get your gamer sense tingling (I just made that analogy up :P ).

I personally have an illigitimate version of Crysis - I didn't want to buy it until I was certain my computer could handle it. And it can, on low detail, with high physics and game effects. Without DX10, I can't go to very high settings, so I have yet to see what Crysis can REALLY look like.

It'll be a great day when a computer can handle a "3000 barrel explosion" outside of the editor - right now all high quality videos I personally make are being rendered frame by frame. Which takes a VERY long while.

At the end of the summer, when I'm loaded with cash (about $3k :P ) I'm going to consider making myself a nice new computer. I'll have to wait a while for the processor and video cards though...

Hey!

I've been gone for a week or two and was wonderin' if anything has happened...

I know PdN is updated but noting bout plug-ins or anything...

Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

Oh god. We have to take the 'ol honda in for testing now. :?

Did you say.... test?!?

No! The memories are coming back to me now! Aahh!

___

I need inspiration to hit me. I've run out of ideas. A cursor pack would be good, but my last minimalistic cursor pack is pretty much perfect. A pompous statement, I know, but I've been using it forever now, and not once have I thought "I really should tweak this cursor". Then there's my tNOS2 cursors that looked horrible, my "rough around the edges" cursor that looked even worse, and the last one I made, Vista_RED was just a 20 minute job, changing the color tint and making the awesome preview image.

If you use it, I think it is only used on your account, but other users can use it. I'm fairly certain about that because a while ago, I used the animated banana as a cursor. My parents would have strangled me (figuratively) if they had to use it, too. :P

No, just you. The cursor files are copied to C:/WINDOWS/cursors/ and are added to the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" division of your registry.

Actually, I have 3 accounts on the computer, all with different cursors set to it. My current account is skinned to my liking uses my tNOSR cursors. My second account is the default settings XP comes with (complete with the Bliss wallpaper). My other account is skinned to look like Vista, using ViOrb, ViStart, the Vista Sidebar, and all the other goodies that come with VTP.