The <off topic> thread

He doesn't mean that. :roll: If he did, he'd say "You own vista?.". Although, I'm rather sure he was reffering to the OS. :roll:

It took me a while to realise that he was referring to the OS! Then of course I decided to make that unfunny joke!

I have an idea for a thread, to act as a sort of an antithesis against Vista's bl£%($%^&$*^$£%"$% awful jokes: how's about a thread for actual funny jokes? We've got a thread for hatred, a thread for happiness and a thread for ramblings, but no thread for pure sheer laughter. How's about it?

Ack Ack. But only with a restraining order for vista.

What does your Web Browser have that my Web Browser doesnt?
A certain vulpine as a part of its branding? A larger user-base? A more efficient memory management system, even?

:P

Shadows in the logo that AREN'T highlighted...

No, no, and no! My web browser doesnt have any back, forward, stop, refresh, new tab, go, or any other buttons on there!

Then either you are constantly dragging your mouse around in weird patterns, or you're yelling into a microphone every time you need something done. This is like Mac users say they don't need a keyboard because they have other means of typing.

(This is purely hypothetical, IMO the average home Mac user* probably has the same intellect as my friend's 5 year old brother, who has enough difficulty moving the mouse as it is, let alone remembering different speech commands, and keeping his voice at the same level as yesterday, or remembering the pyramid he drew to make a capital "A".)

*Not you, Rick. ;)

Really they are not weird patterns at all. Opera's gestures are very well implemented, fluid, and make sense. I have yet to see a Firefox plugin with the capabilities of replicating Opera's mouse gestures. And no, I do not use voice commands. That annoys me.

signature.png

Really they are not weird patterns at all. Opera's gestures are very well implemented, fluid, and make sense. I have yet to see a Firefox plugin with the capabilities of replicating Opera's mouse gestures. And no, I do not use voice commands. That annoys me.

Oh? Last time I checked every mouse gesture plugin for FF supports custom gestures. I'm getting so tired of all these browser debates.... It's past beating a dead horse, at this rate the horse will be ashes in a few days. :roll:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Oh? Last time I checked not a single Firefox Extension allowed for mouse gestures that opened links in new tabs, which of course shares the same gesture as open new tab. Oh? Last time I checked there isnt a gesture for opening nearly every preference window such as that of Opera. Oh? Last time I checked none of the Firefox gestures can take me directly to my IRC chat, email, and Speed Dial. Sorry for being brute and rude, Yata, but no Firefox gesture add on has captured the functionality that is of Opera.

signature.png

'Night, Boltbait. Just wanted to run some thoughts that are in my head past you...

First one is a Gallerium thread, structured a lot like the old Pictorium thread for non Paint.NET created works. Of course, this will be posted in The Overflow to keep seperation. This is all on accord of how many users use different bitmap/ vector/ 3D/ fractal editors other than simply Paint.NET. For instance, CMD uses The GIMP, Sabrown uses Blender, I use Artweaver, I know you have used Corel PhotoPAINT, plenty of users use Inkscape, Commander Sozo uses Cinema3D, ect...

Second one is a Pictorium Suggestion for an 'image umbrella'. It is kind of like the thread except its purpose is meant for the discussion of image elements, such as photography, techniques, design discussion and other related content.

Thanks for reading!

-Mike

signature.png

Since we're being all open and stuff... here's my reply:

Start any thread you like in the off-topic section. We'll see how well it flies.

Do not start an off-topic thread in the pictorium area. That is for gallery posts only.

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Oh? Last time I checked not a single Firefox Extension allowed for mouse gestures that opened links in new tabs, which of course shares the same gesture as open new tab. Oh? Last time I checked there isnt a gesture for opening nearly every preference window such as that of Opera. Oh? Last time I checked none of the Firefox gestures can take me directly to my IRC chat, email, and Speed Dial. Sorry for being brute and rude, Yata, but no Firefox gesture add on has captured the functionality that is of Opera.

Oh? Sorry for getting annoyed at a topic that has been beaten to death and is the equivalent of scratching long nails on a chalk board for hours on end without cease. If you don't like something then just don't use it... Why do we have to go through this. :roll:

I'm going to bed. I'm done.

Edit:

We already have fractal discussion...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

Yes, we have fractal discussion: but what about 3D renders, Vectors, and non PDN image editors?

http://deviantart.com

http://www.inkscapeforum.com/

http://gug.sunsite.dk/

http://www.blender.org/community/user-community/

What is wrong with dA? Or any other variety of program related user groups. The only reason I created the fractal discussion thread is because there is virtually no good fractal communities I know of. The dA fractal community gives no critiques. Just "That looks good" or "that's too choppy".