The <off topic> thread

In response to:

The horrible thing is that my mom's car takes premium.
I have to use premium in my BMW and it's in the $4.15/gallon range now. :cry:

Well, here in Manitowoc WI, but here regular grade and premium grade are the same price, a "cheap" $3.65 / gallon when last I saw. Maybe it's just because there aren't a lot of premium grade cars around here, but just 7 minutes north, in a town about half the size, premium is $.10 to $.15 more expensive. <_<

Overall, gasoline is too expensive (though as you can see by the prices above, I'm on the low end of the spectrum, so I've little to complain about). Bring on the molecular transporter! :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

on the topic of gas prices... here they are just hitting $3.60 a gallon. >.> <.< :twisted:

on a completely different note. I enjoy signing yearbooks now. I'm fairly certain i wrote something about squirrels, my mind and aliens in two sentences in one. :D

[random monty python quote]and now for something completely different [/random monty python quote]

when you see a face that looks like this:

<.<

do you see the eyes pointing left or right :?: I see them pointing left.

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

I'm fairly certain i wrote something about squirrels, my mind and aliens in two sentences in one.

Wow, I didn't know that was actually possible.. :lol:

when you see a face that looks like this:

<.<

do you see the eyes pointing left or right :?: I see them pointing left.

I see both.

Do you see the arrow?

fedex_logo.jpg

MyBB Tutorials, check out my site. :)

gas is 3.65 here in Abilene texas...and besides gas and bmw I don't know :roll:

You lucky fools... a gallon are 3,785 litres...In europe we pay for one litre 1,52€!

this are 5,7532€ per gallon...and you know how the euro is in relation to the $

We could say we pay 9,046907 $ for one gallon... enjoy your ride in the US ;-)

The taxes in germany on fuels are very high, and because of the huge request for diesel on the world market we pay almost the same price for Gas as for Diesel (hint: Diesel is just a waste form of the Gas production)

Atm my Benz drives with Premium 100 km far with 9litres, my smaller car an A-Class only needs 4-5 litres on 100 km with Diesel. But it's just not the same feeling 8)

The arrow is build through the E and the x.

The taxes in germany on fuels are very high, and because of the huge request for diesel on the world market we pay almost the same price for Gas as for Diesel (hint: Diesel is just a waste form of the Gas production)

So you pay almost the same for Diesel as regular gas?

Here in my town diesel is something like $4.27

:x

By the way, I just noticed I actually got a "conversation" started in the overflow. I kinda love this thread now. :lol:

So you pay almost the same for Diesel as regular gas?

Yes, and in consideration of the fact that on Diesel are 20 cent less taxes as on regular Gas. Just because too many Russians and Indians buy Diesel cars since the last few years which increases the request and the global price a lot.

There isn't enough affordable Gas for anylonger if every former developing country starts a motorization like the european and US countries did...

If every 3 Indian owns a car, I couldn't afford gas I suppose.

At my local petrol station the price is £50,000 per square meter. :(

I hope you're not competing with me! :wink:

Don't forget your opening tag!

Despite phoning Sky, we still can't get rid of the FYI Message No. 36! :twisted:

Also, I've got another unfunny joke!

Q: What do you call a dancer who is stupid?

A: A Duncer :lol::lol:

Although I'm the not the project manger in the ICT project we are doing, a lot of the responsibility is on me some how. :? I've made the company name, logo, site and 20% of the poster and 35% of the presentation. Still, me and the project manager get on well together.

Despite all of this, I'm nervous for tomorrow. We'll find out who made the largest profit and I'm keen to hear feedback on website after all, only 5 people can code, (2 of who are decent coders including me unlike the which are still on the basics of HTML and a tad of CSS but are making good progress) plus only 2 groups (including mine) are bothering with a website. (I'm determined to get a level 8 in ICT!!)

Hey vista? I thought you were going to stuff all your unfunny jokes in spoiler tags... :roll:

My parents don't even bother to fill up the car's gas tank completely full anymore. Now they fill up the car about 3/4 way :|

Welcome to the club. There are chips and beverages in the corner. :|

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Hey vista? I thought you were going to stuff all your unfunny jokes in spoiler tags... :roll:

My parents don't even bother to fill up the car's gas tank completely full anymore. Now they fill up the car about 3/4 way :|

My mom's lucky if she can afford that..

My dad on the other hand, (doesn't live with me.) has his own buisness & so he's.. got "more" money.. you could say. But he's by no means rich.

Personally, I don't see the point of choosing to not fill up all the way (barring financial restrictions). It's basically a given that gas is going to be more expensive next time you have to get some anyway, so getting as much as you can now at the lower price would seem to make sense.

Now, I haven't done the math, as to how much extra that extra 1/4 tank is plus the extra 1/4 at the higher price after the extended time between the fillups thanks to the aforementioned 1/4 tank as compared to getting 1/4 tank less more frequently, but as I said, it would seem to make sense.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Personally, I don't see the point of choosing to not fill up all the way (barring financial restrictions). It's basically a given that gas is going to be more expensive next time you have to get some anyway, so getting as much as you can now at the lower price would seem to make sense.

Now, I haven't done the math, as to how much extra that extra 1/4 tank is plus the extra 1/4 at the higher price after the extended time between the fillups thanks to the aforementioned 1/4 tank as compared to getting 1/4 tank less more frequently, but as I said, it would seem to make sense.

All i saw was 1/4 this 1/4 that.

:lol:

Talking about gas.. have you heard of Dodge's $2.99 for gas deal?

EDIT:

Looks like they made the logo thing in 5 minutes.

Look.

http://www.dodge.com/shared/images/refu ... _dodge.jpg

(i'm talking about the thing that says $2.99 gas guarantee in the red. ;) )

If we're on favourite typos, mine would have to be: myslef, only because it sounds comical when said aloud.

I'm sure I had another, or perhaps that was a common typo of mine rather than a favourite one... I have what some refer to as 'typing dyslexia'. I was tempted to exhibit this symptom when typing that for comedic effect, but I don't wish to offend any genuine sufferers.

I read something this morning I'm not sure I read it correctly.

I thought you smart guys would know.

its about Tacoda Cookies. they have the ability to put themselves back onto my computor and re pick up the past usuage?

did I get that correct?

if so how does one prevent their placement on one's computor system? I just don't think that's proper at all.

ciao

Not really. It's not a retroactive remember-what-you-did-last-summer-er. As I read it, it's basically a cross-site content targeting system.

So, say you click on an advertisement about Photoshop on a site that uses Yahoo Ads. Yahoo, being a part of the TACODA network, adds a cookie registered to the TACODA domain that says you like graphic design stuff. Then, if you visit a site that uses ads from any other ad service registered with TACODA (such as DoubleClick, another popular ad service), that site will be able to access that TACODA cookie and serve you ads that relate to graphic design.

There's a rundown on TACODA's site here:

http://www.tacoda.com/notice/faq_privacy.html

If you're not keen on this, there is a way to opt-out of receiving this targeting, but it also uses cookies. Basically, you use a page at NAI (Network Advertising Initiative, TACODA's parent company) to tell them which sites you don't want to have access to this cookie service. It then sets a denial TACODA cookie, so when Yahoo or DoubleClick try to add a tracker or access your behavior profile, it refuses it.

The opt-out page can be found here:

http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp

Opting out doesn't mean you won't receive ads from the company, it just means they can't keep a profile of what you seem to like and serve you ads targeted toward those interests.

~ Becoming the Archetype