The <off topic> thread

....although this one is woefully underused: mwahaha.gif

Isn't that one from Deviant Art? I don't see it on here... (I noticed because Ash uses it in his image comments often -- it's a very cool smiley).

Now I'm gonna use it... muahahaa.

mwahaha.gifmwahaha.gif

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Regarding smilies, I was like David as well when I first joined; I was too used to conversing over an IM. However, over the months I've cut back, almost to the point of not using them, which did cause some confusion at times. Since then, I've been using them at the end of the paragraph usually because I employ them as a sign of jest or sarcasm: using it a few lines after keeps the suspense or shock of the text, then quickly dispenses of any hard feelings or question of purpose when the emoticon is seen.

Although, since becoming a moderator, I've set myself to do as you, CMD, wrote regarding locking:

Case in point: I hate locking threads, but sometimes it's necessary. It's never with malice or impatience, and I certainly don't mean to come off as terse or dismissive, but "official" speak just feels that way. A ( :) ) smiley goes a long way toward convincing people that you're still a friendly person, you just have to be strict at that time.

...which I thought David was doing all along...

...which also reminds me, how fantastic is your signature, David? I'm digging the Indie-theme.

...which I thought David was doing all along...
For the most part, yes.
...which also reminds me, how fantastic is your signature, David? I'm digging the Indie-theme.
I don't know how fantastic it is... :-P But thanks. I'm looking forward to the new movie!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

On the contrary, David, it follows the conventions of the theme, 'tis good because of it.

The only thing I would change is instead of 'and the Banhammer', perhaps 'and the Hammer of Ban' where the preposition mirrors the previous film titles: Raiders of the Lost Ark; The Temple of Doom; and the most recent Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

But that's just awkward knit-picking, so I'll stop because it doesn't deserve to be picked at.

On the contrary, David, it follows the conventions of the theme, 'tis good because of it.

The only thing I would change is instead of 'and the Banhammer', perhaps 'and the Hammer of Ban' where the preposition mirrors the previous film titles: Raiders of the Lost Ark; The Temple of Doom; and the most recent Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

But that's just awkward knit-picking, so I'll stop because it doesn't deserve to be picked at.

Well, my favorite is "Last Crusade" which has a distinct lack of "of." :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Image-28290-203612-rockintomordor.jpg

Its black gates are guarded by more than just frets. There is feedback there that does not sleep; the Great Amp is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and broken strings. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand bands could you do this. It is folly!

Is this your car, or do you want to own it one day?

I don't have an E60 5-series, but I sure would like to. I think they're gorgeous -- I sat in an M5 at the dealership the other day and it was downright intoxicating. But it was $100k and only 11 MPG. I currently drive a 2004 325i sedan, which I bought brand new. Looking back, that was a poor financial decision, and so I'm going to make up for it by keeping it for a very long time. I mean c'mon, I already drive a BMW ... there's no huge rush to upgrade ;) I also don't think it's a good time to buy a new car, as I have a feeling that the engine technology is poised to make a dramatic leap forward within the next few years. I don't want to buy another classic gasoline guzzling car. If I had to buy a new car right now I'd probably get a Prius and just tough it out until BMW had a car that got in the 40+ MPG range. Or, I'd rather wait until I have a ton of money saved up so that I can spend that $100k on a "weekend" car, at which point fuel efficiency is less of a factor/problem.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

At my local petrol station the price is £50,000 per square meter. :(

:lol:

I found that funny.

In my neighborhood it's like $3.77

Got up to $3.95 the other day though.

:roll:

EDIT: Just read BB's post.

The horrible thing is that my mom's car takes premium.

So you think people have it bad for regular? Try having them pay 20 cents more a gallon. I'm also.. so..so..so.. glad President Bush is doing so much to lower the prices. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

MyBB Tutorials, check out my site. :)

Image-28290-203612-rockintomordor.jpg

Its black gates are guarded by more than just frets. There is feedback there that does not sleep; the Great Amp is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and broken strings. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand bands could you do this. It is folly!

Ahaha...! aha - I seriously lol'd

Very funny manip. I watched all of the extended versions in a row -- about 12h45'. It was pretty awesome.

On the topic of gas prices -- we're at about $3.95 here. It goes up to $4 every once in a while, but it's pretty stable at $3.95.

The car my parents drive gets pretty good gas mileage - 30+/gallon. - I think.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!