The <off topic> thread

@Myrddin: The pictures of the microwaved CD are pure awesomeness! The Tesla coil looks cool as well, although I still do not understand it at all. :P Oh well ...

On a different topic, I'm working on a wallpaper pack, that only one person has previewed so far, besides myself. I really want to release it now, but I'm not finished with the whole pack, and it wouldn't really feel complete. :x Perhaps a preview would suffice ...

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I love how you got completely ignored.
I don't.
I should also add a :P to that because I also don't mind that much: it is the so I don't expect an abundance of comments. It's not even that important or interesting, so I didn't find it too strange that nobody paid any great deal of attention.
Perhaps a preview would suffice ...
It most certainly would. You have at least me intrigued by this pack of yours. But don't go rushing it now.

Tesla coils are freakin' sweet. Have you seen the Musical Tesla Coil video?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thanks! 100% Paint.NET. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Perhaps a preview would suffice ...
It most certainly would. You have at least me intrigued by this pack of yours. But don't go rushing it now.

Then have a preview you shall! It'll be in the Desktop Art Umbrella of the Pictorium. :wink:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Tesla coils are freakin' sweet. Have you seen the Musical Tesla Coil video?

I have indeed :D

Electricity is an interesting thing I like it....

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

I fixed the link to point to his gallery.

Thanks. :-P

And if the links include adult content, then it changes. No questions asked.

And if the links include adult content, then it changes. No questions asked.

Or they could get banned! To my knowledge, Myrddin hasn't banned anyone yet... :twisted:

;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

i decided to use the cheat on oblivion: duplicate using scrolls :D it worked.....it worked very well :D

i was a level 4 with about 300 gold now im a level 6(spent some time getting levels up :D ) woth 50000 gold :D

i bought a house aswell :D now i dont have to have lots of stuff in my inventory but i really needed the money because i couldnt buy anything :? but now i can buy pretty much everything :D .....and the cheat has in no way affected it for me because all i can do is buy spells (that arent even that good) buy armour(but i have really strong armour already) or buy wepons (but i have really strong wepons already :D )

oblivion is fun :D i just go to random places and steal everything then go to my "fence" (youd understand if you had the game :wink: ) and sell it all :D and i spent ages exploring aswell :D it was fun :D i found lots of caves and castles and stuff :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

i decided to use the cheat on oblivion: duplicate using scrolls :D it worked.....it worked very well :D

i was a level 4 with about 300 gold now im a level 6(spent some time getting levels up :D ) woth 50000 gold :D

i bought a house aswell :D now i dont have to have lots of stuff in my inventory but i really needed the money because i couldnt buy anything :? but now i can buy pretty much everything :D .....and the cheat has in no way affected it for me because all i can do is buy spells (that arent even that good) buy armour(but i have really strong armour already) or buy wepons (but i have really strong wepons already :D )

oblivion is fun :D i just go to random places and steal everything then go to my "fence" (youd understand if you had the game :wink: ) and sell it all :D and i spent ages exploring aswell :D it was fun :D i found lots of caves and castles and stuff :D

...Wow. 14 smileys, and 12 of them were ":D" Text made smaller to show what I saw, instead of all the words. :wink:

I have rules about using smilies: No more than three (1 per two lines), and they must be purely related to the context of the post.

I'm starting to cut back on smilies. I was really bad about "LOL" this time last year, and I've eliminated that from my online repertoire...smilies are my last big online vice. I need to get rid of them.

...smilies are my last big online vice. I need to get rid of them.

I think smilies are necessary to convey mood and tone. I'm sarcastic... like, a lot, and when presented simply as straight text, it often leads to misunderstanding. Even if I'm not being sarcastic, smilies can help convey the proper feeling. Case in point: I hate locking threads, but sometimes it's necessary. It's never with malice or impatience, and I certainly don't mean to come off as terse or dismissive, but "official" speak just feels that way. A ( :) ) smiley goes a long way toward convincing people that you're still a friendly person, you just have to be strict at that time.

I usually only use smilies at the end of a paragraph, and only if they're necessary (I wanna be like Mike ;) ). After all, in proper writing structure, a paragraph is a link of themed sentences, so one smiley should be enough to convey the overall tone of that paragraph. The other times I use a smiley is as an accent to an inline parenthetical aside. Since they function rather like a stand-alone commentary on the sentence that contains them, they can have their own mood without breaking overall continuity.

So, I really don't see smilies as a bad thing. Without the non-verbal hints that face-to-face conversation provides, it's really the only way to tell in what spirit the person is speaking. Plus, looking at( ;), :), :D, :P ) is better than lookin' at my mug for an entire half-page rant. ;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Fair enough, Dan, and I agree. But when you end up with three in one AIM line, it's time to cut back. :-)

EDIT: ^^ See, that one rolled off the fingers FAR too easily. It was almost automatic.

....although this one is woefully underused: mwahaha.gif