Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

One of the labs on the floor where I work was cleaning out their "junk". My friend grabbed a tablet PC that had no power supply.

He found a power supply for it and it works great!

Now...

I want it.

:twisted:

I'm trying to figure out a good trade for it. He is hesitant to let it go. :(

I'm curious, what is a TabletPC worth? It has a celeron processor, 512M ram and runs XP tablet edition. It's old. Definately first generation stuff. No keyboard. No CD ROM drive. And, he says the wireless doesn't work. But, it does have wired network, USB, and a 1024x768 screen.

Well, he brought it in. He was starting to loosen up about trading it. I told him that I wanted to install Paint.NET on it. So, he went ahead and installed Paint.NET on it and started playing with it. The pressure sensitivity works great.

Now he won't lend it to me and he doesn't want to trade it. :(

Well at least PDN has received a bit more publicity... even if at the cost of you getting a new piece of awesomeness :lol:

Well at least PDN has received a bit more publicity... even if at the cost of you getting a new piece of awesomeness :lol:

Well, that makes me feel all warm inside.

Not. :(

Well, that makes me feel all warm inside.

Not. :(

I appreciate you BoltBait, don't worry. :D

Well, he brought it in. He was starting to loosen up about trading it. I told him that I wanted to install Paint.NET on it. So, he went ahead and installed Paint.NET on it and started playing with it. The pressure sensitivity works great.

:( You put the best combo together, and he tasted it, now he won't give it up....oh well, at least we now know PDN+TabletPC=Sweetness..

Advice for advertisers: When choosing fonts for your print ads, be sure not to select one that places 'r's and 'n's too close together, lest your "Burn fat faster!" ad becomes an endorsement for "Bum fat faster!"

///

:( You put the best combo together, and he tasted it, now he won't give it up....oh well, at least we now know PDN+TabletPC=Sweetness..

So catch me up on this.. a TabletPC is a touch screen with a built in computer in it? Used mostly for photoshop/gimp/pdn.. am I right?

and also, how much do they usually price around?

Advice for advertisers: When choosing fonts for your print ads, be sure not to select one that places 'r's and 'n's too close together, lest your "Burn fat faster!" ad becomes an endorsement for "Bum fat faster!"

///

nice one xD

I have ABP so I can't see those ads :(

That would be dxdiag, however, IIRC, dxdiag doesn't repair DX9. You could ofcourse download and reinstall it. (I believe it's also included on the CD/DVD)

I've tried that already, although a friend of mine told me of a way I might be able to fix it. I've also said the same thing on Steam Support.

So catch me up on this.. a TabletPC is a touch screen with a built in computer in it? Used mostly for photoshop/gimp/pdn.. am I right?

and also, how much do they usually price around?

Imagine a laptop only there is no keyboard, just the screen part (so no hinge). Then, imagine writing on the screen with a special pen... that is pressure sensitive 8)

My high-end choice for a system has a little high-end price... 1237 Euro... Even though I can make it a 1000, but that would mean leaving out one 9800GTX... Maybe I'll do that.

Config:

Intel Q6600

EVGA 9800GTX x2

EVGA nF750i FTW

Coolermaster Elite 331 Casing

Seagate 320GB HDD

WD Raptor 36GB HDD

2x1GB Corsair 6400 DDR2-800 Kit

Cooler Master RealPower M 520W

BFG PhysX Accelerator

(One extra 20" Acer X203W screen, not included in price)

Links: (in German, I know, but it's the cheapest with the widest range delivering in NL)

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/CP ... ad/Intel(R)/Core_2_Quad_Q6600/215465/?articleId=215465

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Gr ... &l3=NVIDIA

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Ma ... Sockel+775

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Ge ... Midi+Tower

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Fe ... 3%2C5+Zoll

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Fe ... 3%2C5+Zoll

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Ar ... 3=DDR2-800

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Ne ... s+600+Watt

http://www.alternate.de/html/product/Ph ... k&l2=PhysX

http://www.pixmania.nl/nl/nl/632173/art ... x203w.html

Note that this will be my primary computer. I'll leave the AMD I use now connected to one of the screens with a DVI switch of some sort. 1 Very high end PC + mid-high end pc = 1337.

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 has now been "officially" released. (I put official in quotation marks because although it was available for download from Microsoft's servers, they've now started the actual "nag on Windows Update" thing :wink: )

My only problem is now what should I do with my uxtheme.dll patch - looks like I'm gonna have to walk off to Google. :P

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 has now been "officially" released. (I put official in quotation marks because although it was available for download from Microsoft's servers, they've now started the actual "nag on Windows Update" thing :wink: )

My only problem is now what should I do with my uxtheme.dll patch - looks like I'm gonna have to walk off to Google. :P

I'm going to be one ticked off purple bird if it screws with my hacks....

Should you install SP3, my prediction is you will one ticked off purple bird! :wink: But then again, it would have to depend on what kind of tweaks they are.

Should you install SP3, my prediction is you will one ticked off purple bird! :wink: But then again, it would have to depend on what kind of tweaks they are.

Uxtheme.dll change, disabled windows system file protection, completely reskinned WMP beyond normal skinning via Resource hacker, new cursors, sounds, icons, etc etc etc.

Uxtheme.dll change, disabled windows system file protection, completely reskinned WMP beyond normal skinning via Resource hacker, new cursors, sounds, icons, etc etc etc.

IMO - WMP skinning is something quite worrying as well as uxtheme.dll patch but sounds etc shouldn't really be affected - should they . . . :roll:

Really I don't care about wmp, but it's just the fact of it. I hope to god I don't have to go back to the normal windows theme... It makes my workflow feel so slow.

Really I don't care about wmp, but it's just the fact of it. I hope to god I don't have to go back to the normal windows theme... It makes my workflow feel so slow.

My guess is when SP3 gets installed, brand new system files would be installed, and that should include a brand new uxtheme.dll (SP3 version) so in that case, a uxtheme.dll patch could be used so you can go back to your preferred custom VS. :?

I hope to god I don't have to go back to the normal windows theme... It makes my workflow feel so slow.

What about the Zune theme? Since it was made by Microsoft my best guess is that it will work.

so in that case, a uxtheme.dll patch could be used so you can go back to your preferred custom VS. :?

But what if Microsoft decide to add in extra security to prevent the UxTheme hack?

so in that case, a uxtheme.dll patch could be used so you can go back to your preferred custom VS. :?

But what if Microsoft decide to add in extra security to prevent the UxTheme hack?

They can't because there is now at least 2 patches for uxtheme.dll that I have seen which work on SP3 Final. However, I am still worried about my uxtheme.dll patch because I patched it before SP3 and with the installation of sp3, what would happen to my uxtheme.dll? :? :?