Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

AndrewD, there is a built in app with windows that displays any file errors with DirectX. I cant remember its name and I dont have my lappy with me (that is where I keep my own personal troubleshooting files)

andrew... how on earth do you make the drawings in your sig? Well.. did you make them? Like hand draw them? or were they.. like a render?

Well, to be honest, I usually use stocks, and then arrange them in a good looking manner. I cut the kid out from the game, applies some effects, same with the guy, but as for the cartoon kid, it's used in the IWBTG poster, and because I can't use feather decently anymore (No, it isn't my fault either, I want an old version of Feather) and Alpha Mask didn't work well on cutting it out, I got a version from a friend I have on the IWBTG forums.

And @ T_LH, hey, I still can't play HL2. While Portal is great, I want to play HL2. But, what are your computer specks? My computer is a few years old and runs Portal fine.

The new version of feather can do anything the old version can and more.

In other words: it's better.

@Ash: On many levels it is, but it ignores already transparent pixels leaving tons of useless noise around the object you are feathering. BoltBait said he would work on it, but nothing yet.

I wonder what those tabs are that you blurred out...
I wonder why you blurred out your clock...

Of all the things revealing about one's personal life, and one's computer, the time is the least exposing.

:P

Unfortunately I there was one tab I forgot to blur out. Remember, blur out all tabs in screenshots, you never know what the thought police might find suspicious.

1984 remains to be my favorite book of all time. OF ALL TIME.

1984 remains to be my favorite book of all time. OF ALL TIME.
I love you Mike.

Wait... I can't love you, so I won't.

That would be dxdiag, however, IIRC, dxdiag doesn't repair DX9. You could ofcourse download and reinstall it. (I believe it's also included on the CD/DVD)

@Ash: On many levels it is, but it ignores already transparent pixels leaving tons of useless noise around the object you are feathering. BoltBait said he would work on it, but nothing yet.

You just have to know what settings to use in different case.

Now that the CodeLab update (and help file) is out the door, I will have time to look into some of the stuff that's been on the back burner for some time.

And, I have an idea for a new plugin that I'd like to make.

You were gone? I thought I saw a post from you like 2 days ago...

I'm going to Boston on a class trip tomorrow 'til Friday...anyone here from Boston? Maybe I'll drop in...

Now that the CodeLab update (and help file) is out the door, I will have time to look into some of the stuff that's been on the back burner for some time.

And, I have an idea for a new plugin that I'd like to make.

Cool beans. Looking forward to it. :)