Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

your on the left.. I know it! :P

You got me. :P

@worldnewser: Haven't seen too much of it but I'm a fan of British humor and it looked good. :)

@andrew: I still need the real version of Portal! But before that I need a new computer! :cry:

andrew... how on earth do you make the drawings in your sig? Well.. did you make them? Like hand draw them? or were they.. like a render?

Well, to be honest, I usually use stocks, and then arrange them in a good looking manner. I cut the kid out from the game, applies some effects, same with the guy, but as for the cartoon kid, it's used in the IWBTG poster, and because I can't use feather decently anymore (No, it isn't my fault either, I want an old version of Feather) and Alpha Mask didn't work well on cutting it out, I got a version from a friend I have on the IWBTG forums.

And @ T_LH, hey, I still can't play HL2. While Portal is great, I want to play HL2. But, what are your computer specks? My computer is a few years old and runs Portal fine.

andrew... how on earth do you make the drawings in your sig? Well.. did you make them? Like hand draw them? or were they.. like a render?

Well, to be honest, I usually use stocks, and then arrange them in a good looking manner. I cut the kid out from the game, applies some effects, same with the guy, but as for the cartoon kid, it's used in the IWBTG poster, and because I can't use feather decently anymore (No, it isn't my fault either, I want an old version of Feather) and Alpha Mask didn't work well on cutting it out, I got a version from a friend I have on the IWBTG forums.

And @ T_LH, hey, I still can't play HL2. While Portal is great, I want to play HL2. But, what are your computer specks? My computer is a few years old and runs Portal fine.

Specs are decent (3.2 GHZ Pentium 4, 1 GB RAM, 160/200 GB used)...but I want a new computer anyway. Portal/HL2 can be my excuse. ;) Besides, my computer has had a bit of a inferiority complex ever since I tried to play the demo for Crysis at super low graphic settings and failed. :(

Jay! I have a new siggy :mrgreen:

Further off topic:

My specs are:

1.6Ghz Dual Core, Geforce 8500GT, 512mb DDR2 Ram, 360W PSU...

I know it's not that good, oh well. It keeps me happy :) .

Back on to the topic :wink:

Yeah! My 1000th post! :mrgreen:

Despite this happiness, the "you sound posh" thing had started again at school and people started calling me Wallace. Oh well, 1000 posts! :mrgreen:

Can people please check this website I'm making for our ICT project (disco management)

Although I'm not at all finished, I just need a quick response in terms of the more technical aspects (CSS).

For example, are paragraphs of text in weird positions or anything, everything should within the white page.

Here is the link:

http://vista1292.zxq.net/testdiwe/index.html

This page will be deleted in the next 24 hours.

One thing: I suggest making the background cover the whole page.

Explain what you mean, on my monitor, the image background fits perfectly with the content I've added so far.

Also, if you haven't got enough text to fill the white space, add some images.

Good point but like I said, it's not finished! :P

Alignment is all off. You are centering everything other then the background image making your alignments incorrect on larger monitors.

That's exactly what I was fearing. My CSS is quite rusty. :oops: Isn't there some way I can "lock" my positioning so it will work on larger monitors?

One thing: I suggest making the background cover the whole page.

Explain what you mean, on my monitor, the image background fits perfectly with the content I've added so far.

How it looks on my machine: http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ypcbe3.png

**screams**

What can I do!? :oops: Surely there must be a way to get the CSS work fine on all monitors. :shock: :?

What can I do!? :oops: Surely there must be a way to get the CSS work fine on all monitors. :shock: :?

Make the page background colour the same as the background of the image.

Make the page background colour the same as the background of the image.

But that wouldn't solve the issue of paragraphs and images going in haywire positions.

I can now play HL2! Woot!

Well, I can play it with decent graphics, although I still want it to use DirectX 9 (it's only using 8 at the moment) so I can put HDR on. But, by the looks of it, I can play HL2, and hopefully HL2:E1.

But yeah, any suggestions for fixing DirectX 9? (It fails the Direct3D test, along with 8 if I remember correctly)

I wonder what those tabs are that you blurred out..

He has every right to blur out the tabs - the government is watching us . . . :roll: