Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

Is it me or are the online/offline buttons moved to the top? :roll:

On Subsilver2, they always have been.

My mobile phone was accidentally dropped in orange juice [...] So, a new mobile is order I believe.

[...]

This mobile in particular is within my price range, of my preferred manufacturer and network, and a very nice camera to boot. Happy-happy I am. -ish.

I purchased it today, and I must say that I'm very pleased with it thus far. But it's such a nice phone, I daren't hold lest I break it. It'll take me a while to become used to it's robustness, then I can handle it like I've handled all my mobiles; 'tis a wonder they survive as long as they do.

'Swanky': the word I'd use to describe it.

Oh, and don't forget that me and Yata are witches!

Actually theres like two more people who are, but I can't seem to recall the names.

I purchased it today, and I must say that I'm very pleased with it thus far. But it's such a nice phone, I daren't hold lest I break it. It'll take me a while to become used to it's robustness, then I can handle it like I've handled all my mobiles; 'tis a wonder they survive as long as they do.

'Swanky': the word I'd use to describe it.

I think you'll need to be careful with that one... Sony Ericssons break like a wave. My friend had one of the newer models and the uber-sexy screen had broken within a fortnight, and he was back to his battered but faithful Nokia brick, still going strong after three years of constant use. They don't make 'em like they used to...

.:EDIT:.

Don't forget the secret love child of our resident pyromaniac and one of our top four favourite mods!

One of the labs on the floor where I work was cleaning out their "junk". My friend grabbed a tablet PC that had no power supply.

He found a power supply for it and it works great!

Now...

I want it.

:twisted:

I'm trying to figure out a good trade for it. He is hesitant to let it go. :(

I'm curious, what is a TabletPC worth? It has a celeron processor, 512M ram and runs XP tablet edition. It's old. Definately first generation stuff. No keyboard. No CD ROM drive. And, he says the wireless doesn't work. But, it does have wired network, USB, and a 1024x768 screen.

BoftD:

I've never encountered problems with Ericssons before, hence my undivided choosing for them. But as you said about your friend, this one is a fairly recent model, so who knows? Let's not hold our breath too long, though.

A friend of mine not-so-long ago came into possession of a K850i, and it came along with this little velvet and leather case to protect the phone, or rather, more like to protect the screen.

A velvet case.

In my eyes, if a mobile requires the need for a protective cover, it doesn't belong outside of the shop window, much less in daily, everyday-life. Although, he's not exactly strapped for cash, so he can afford the repair/replacement if the need calls for it. And he works for the network he's on (like me, Vodafone), so it's discounted as well. Lucky chuff.

I think you'll need to be careful with that one... Sony Ericssons break like a wave. My friend had one of the newer models and the uber-sexy screen had broken within a fortnight, and he was back to his battered but faithful Nokia brick, still going strong after three years of constant use. They don't make 'em like they used to...

well i have a sony ericson and ive had it since last febuary...

One of the labs on the floor where I work was cleaning out their "junk". My friend grabbed a tablet PC that had no power supply.

He found a power supply for it and it works great!

Now...

I want it.

:twisted:

I'm trying to figure out a good trade for it. He is hesitant to let it go. :(

I'm curious, what is a TabletPC worth? It has a celeron processor, 512M ram and runs XP tablet edition. It's old. Definately first generation stuff. No keyboard. No CD ROM drive. And, he says the wireless doesn't work. But, it does have wired network, USB, and a 1024x768 screen.

For prices of these odds and end items, ebay is your friend.

He's going to bring in in tormorrow so I can play with it.

My first priority is to install Paint.NET on it. 8)

He's going to bring in in tormorrow so I can play with it.

My first priority is to install Paint.NET on it. 8)

I hope you can get it :)

I always wonder how well it will work with PDN.

Do show us some art you make from tablet if you can. :wink:

OMG I just saw that Nine Inch Nails have released a full album completely free... The Slip - Halo 27 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: FREE :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

They are just Awesome :shock: :shock:

ListeNINg to it right now... (sorry for the unfunny joke)

Ey Rick what about that Blog post :D

The k850, isn't that the one with the faux-touchscreen?
That it is. He hasn't had it long, so there's enough time still for it to self-destruct.