Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

@vista?: I'm going to start forbidding you from trying these "unfunny jokes." :-P

How do you intend to do that? :P

Banning BoltBait will probably stop me from making unfunny jokes!

In other news, I really need to get an avatar now. . .

A hint about the meaning of my joke:

Think about administration in terms of financial "vocabulary" . . . :wink:

@vista?: I'm going to start forbidding you from trying these "unfunny jokes." :-P
How do you intend to do that? :P

Well, I do have ban abilities. :twisted:

Think about administration...

I'd prefer not to, thanks.

Well, I do have ban abilities. :twisted:

Banning won't stop me . . . **runs off to think of a reason why banning vista? won't stop him from making unfunny jokes** :wink:

In other news, I've been trying out tables along with the help of Adobe Dreamweaver CS3. Having a code and live preview display can be useful when you're stuck trying to understand the concept of tables.

Dreamweaver is a web development program.

Tables on the web are bad.

Please, for the love of all things cute and cuddly, don't use tables to design web pages!

Please! Think of the bunnies!

I never hated tables so much until I had to make a myspace layout. Because you have to style tables with CSS... It's so wrong in so many ways.

Please, for the love of all things cute and cuddly, don't use tables to design web pages!

I don't know I use tables for doing menus and other kinds of blocks that have headers, images, links all within them. When I did DEXTUT as my HTML project in college we were told we had to have so many coding methods in it and tables were one. I have to say however that frames are bad as they can really mess up a site. I been saying for a year now that I was going to get rid of my iframes on DEXTUT and have a normal looking website that fits my screen. I just never got around to it. Come to think of it I need to go through my coding and see what I got done as I used CSS for most of it. The only place I keeped tables and frames out of were the tutorials themselfs as I knew that it would make problems for people.

Hmm after some WoW I may go get rid of the iframes ( Most likely I will get lazy or think of another way to do things ). Maybe I will just redo the whole site.

New record of being able to run HL2 until it crashes! It crashed 2 seconds after the GMan's speech.

And here's the damned error message: 7364_12d00cc492abf5c27208fbdaf9d176f3

Well, at least I can play Portal aswell. Now, just to try and fix that engine error, and I may not have any homicidal tendicies towards my computer :roll:

Iframes are useful at times, although I prefer divs... Tables are ancient, and should be cast into the depths of hell!

Who said he was using it for layout?

Iframes are useful at times, although I prefer divs... Tables are ancient, and should be cast into the depths of hell!

QFT.

When I took a web design class several years ago, I was always told to design websites with tables. I was first introduced to CSS layout after I found a site called "A List Apart". I laughed like heck, because I thought it was just plain strange (Relative? Absolute? What the baloney?) But last Summer, I came upon an amazing website called "HTML Dog", and I never used tables (or tags) ever again.

CSS is just so much easier. You can center a block-level element by just typing in "margin: auto;" You can apply it to hundreds of website with just a simple copy and paste of the tag. And if you want to change the header, all you have to do is change one line of css, ftp it, and all 100 pages are instantly changed.

HITMAN-X:

Use php for the menus! Same concept as iframes but it's not a frame and it writes out the HTML to the browser as if the page were without php.

<?php
include 'filename.extension';
?>

php isn't hard, especially that statement. You just put it where you would put your menu content on your site, and fill "filename.extension" (or whatever you want it to be) with menu content.

Yata, out of curiosity, where did you learn PHP? I have yet to find a good tutorial...

Picked parts and pieces out of various site's crappy tutorials and connected the dots myself. A List Apart has some good scripts to learn from.

How did I miss debates? When did that happen?

They happened ages ago . . .

Debates such as "Should we have ID cards?" etc . . .

:D