Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

The <off topic> thread

Stephan + Max Power: It's powered by the movement of your wrists, just like many watches today (like mine).

Funny, there seems to be a super awesome watch comming out every few days now. Just last week, a new watch came out that has all the functions of a cell phone, 1GB storage, Bluetooth [because it's just plain weird to talk to your wrist], and a little LCD display, all for ~$250. Totally worth it in my opinion.

just like many watches today (like mine).

my dad has a kinetic watch...i hate watches there uncomfortable and anoying...id only have one if it was like my friends with a square face and sort of a material wrist thingy :D his is really nice its ted baker but i doubt id wear it :D lol

[because it's just plain weird to talk to your wrist]

I think it's plain awesome... It makes me feel... Spy-like.

But imagine what certain conversations would look like:

"Oh, so that's how it is?!? We're through!!!"

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry to hear you got skin cancer!"

:wink:

Well, you should have some sort of qualification of how awesome and movie-like your life is, before you're allowed to buy one. After all, you need to say cool stuff through that thing, like "This bomb is going to explode in 3 seconds" "You're not gonna make it!" "But I'm gonna try..." Then you step into a car and drive away with the bomb exploding behind you, and the building you were in collapsing, with 3 meters between you and concrete dropping on the ground. Obviously, you'll need everything filmed from at least 15 angles.

Get a load of this kinetic-powered, turbine-spun watch:

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2008/04/15/urwerk-ur-202-turbine-regulated-watch/

I love anything like that: the engineering of such timepieces are exquisite and masterful.

When you did mention it, my immediate thought was of a similar watch that mechanically simulates a digital display:

http://gizmodo.com/378144/first-watch-w ... ly-amazing

Beautiful!

Well, you should have some sort of qualification of how awesome and movie-like your life is, before you're allowed to buy one. After all, you need to say cool stuff through that thing, like "This bomb is going to explode in 3 seconds" "You're not gonna make it!" "But I'm gonna try..." Then you step into a car and drive away with the bomb exploding behind you, and the building you were in collapsing, with 3 meters between you and concrete dropping on the ground. Obviously, you'll need everything filmed from at least 15 angles.

i think youve been watching too many films like mission impossible :shock:

There I was, dorking around on newegg, dreaming of having a Dual Quad-Core Xeon box with 16GB of RAM. I had all the parts sitting in the basket when suddenly I noticed...3_c10478111b37d7f87c0c89b6d9ac5718

:roll: You'd think they'd allow a $600+ motherboard with $2000+ worth of processors to have a reasonable about of memory.

Oh well, not like I was gonna buy it anyway :lol: I'm waiting for Nehalem.

Stephan + Max Power: It's powered by the movement of your wrists, just like many watches today (like mine).

Funny, there seems to be a super awesome watch comming out every few days now. Just last week, a new watch came out that has all the functions of a cell phone, 1GB storage, Bluetooth [because it's just plain weird to talk to your wrist], and a little LCD display, all for ~$250. Totally worth it in my opinion.

This one is much cooler.

There I was, dorking around on newegg, dreaming of having a Dual Quad-Core Xeon box with 16GB of RAM. I had all the parts sitting in the basket when suddenly I noticed...[attachment=0]only8gbMaxIsDumb.png[/attachment]

:roll: You'd think they'd allow a $600+ motherboard with $2000+ worth of processors to have a reasonable about of memory.

Oh well, not like I was gonna buy it anyway :lol: I'm waiting for Nehalem.

Wow, for that much money you'd think they'd upgrade a bit. Oh well, I'm an AMD fan myself, so I'm looking at Phenoms. :)

dreaming of having a Dual Quad-Core Xeon box with 16GB of RAM

That is a bit more than overkill. Why would you need 16GB's of RAM?

So you can play Crysis with all visual effects and everything onto the highest settings?

So you can play Crysis with all visual effects and everything onto the highest settings?

He'll need more graphical power... say... 3x 9800x2 ? (OC ofcourse...)

Honesty! I know some people who still have 256 MB!

lol I know people who still have single core CPU's, 512 MB, and 7200 RPM hard drives. People need to start getting on top of things. Give Dual and Quad Core a try, Then get a dual CPU motherboard (Don't got one yet but I want one so bad), As for RAM well 2 - 4 GB is common. I have 4 GB because I can't do 8 GB with XP Pro 32-bit. For hard drives the only 7200 RPM ones I got is the 500 GB's. Other then them it is 10,000 RPMs Raptors for me and I will never have a normal computer without a Raptor hard drive for the main drive. I like it when I can defrag 100 GB in less then 20 mins, and do a virus scan in no time.

I have 1.46GB or RAM... Not bad. My dad gave me an upgrade a while ago, I got +1GB. I don't know what he got, but currently he has about 4GB.

While we're on this topic, I have a decent sound card, and a pretty nice graphics card... I had to get them both so I could play Need for Speed: Carbon (Awesome game, pwnzors everything else!).

I been saving up to buy myself an 8800 GTS OC as they are lower in price now that the 9800 are out. But for now my 7900 GTX OC is doing just fine running Call of Duty 4 on max settings.

I have 4 gigs of ram and I don't see the need to upgrade in the near future. My graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 2600XT, nothing much, but before college I'll upgrade to dual 3870's.

lol I know people who still have single core CPU's, 512 MB, and 7200 RPM hard drives. People need to start getting on top of things. Give Dual and Quad Core a try, Then get a dual CPU motherboard (Don't got one yet but I want one so bad), As for RAM well 2 - 4 GB is common. I have 4 GB because I can't do 8 GB with XP Pro 32-bit. For hard drives the only 7200 RPM ones I got is the 500 GB's. Other then them it is 10,000 RPMs Raptors for me and I will never have a normal computer without a Raptor hard drive for the main drive. I like it when I can defrag 100 GB in less then 20 mins, and do a virus scan in no time.

Well sorry, not everyone is rich like that.